Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Define "average."  I think a fair way to define average is the exact midpoint in the league.  16.  Where does he rank as far as backups when you've got 16 backups.  If he's 15th best, he's technically above average.  If he's 17th, he's below average.

The list you provided is for 2018.  That's cheating.  The question was whether or not he belonged on our 53 previously.  So you can cheat if you want, or you can play fair.  Also, did you LOOK at that list?  You really think Taysum Hill and Austin Davis are better than Hundley?  Lol. 

So to be clear, you think Lynch, Hill, Davis, Beathard, Colt McCoy, Lamar Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Mannion, Jake Rudock, Cody Kessler, Chase Daniel, Nathan Peterman, Brock Ossweiler and Landry Jones are better than Hundley? 

Have you even HEARD of Jake Rudock before today?  I sure as hell haven't. 

Went to U of M, my alma mater. Actually thought he sucked there so maybe I'd put him below Hundley, lol. 

16 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Don't be surprised if Hundley is quite good in that Seattle offense. There's a reason why I brought up Seattle a few times in Hundley conversation on here. Hundley is far more in line with that Seattle offense and even more importantly Pete Carroll.

Could be, a system change won't hurt. I just don't think he's got it between the ears. Not sure that'll come no matter how many reps he gets. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, we can argue that he was good enough to be on an NFL roster. Is he good enough to be a No. 2 in this league? I have my doubts based on what I've seen. 

I'm not going to look back but I'm pretty sure you were saying he was lucky to still be in the NFL. That one could argue he was lucky he was still around. I don't agree. If you don't think he's backup caliber, you're still wrong lol but yes there is an argument.

Every QB has flaws, that's not what I'm debating either. The disagreement is simply whether the guy is a serviceable No. 2 QB. He says yes, I say no. 

That not really the argument you were making when i jumped in though lol. At least that's not how you worded it. But yeah. I get you now

It was pretty predictable that they'd rather roll with Kizer this year than Hundley since the Packers always seem to want to go cheap at backup QB and Kizer has 3 more cheap years in him and Hundley only has one.  I figure if Boyle makes the initial 53, he's the first guy cut (to bring back Aaron Jones, say.)

Could be, a system change won't hurt. I just don't think he's got it between the ears. Not sure that'll come no matter how many reps he gets. 

I could be wrong but I'm pretty comfortable saying I don't think this will be an issue for him in that Carroll offense. I couldn't be happier for that young man really.

Archived