Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pack spending a 5th rd pick to draft Hundley only to get a 6th rd pick back after years of "development". Woops

That's a polluted mindset Delta   B|

Perhaps you'd like to share the full list of all the 5th round QBs who worked out or were developed into better picks or players ?  Or you could share the list of 1st round QB busts that amounted to absolutely nothing despite years of development.

Either would offer more insight & context than yet another agenda-driven "Woops" 

27 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pack spending a 5th rd pick to draft Hundley only to get a 6th rd pick back after years of "development". Woops

At least they did this prior to me posting what I think the 53-man roster will be. Much appreciated

I feel like the majority of 5th round picks don't even finish their rookie contracts...getting something in return is better than nothing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I feel like the majority of 5th round picks don't even finish their rookie contracts...getting something in return is better than nothing.

Since 1990, 333 out of 838 fifth round players have made it to their fifth season.  So yes, the majority (60%) never make it to their fifth year.  Hundley = Success. 

Per the Associated Press, sources close to the team say this was a cost cutting move that trickled down from Ted Thompson. As part of his new role, Ted watches over some financial matters and it is reported that he was against having to provide buckets of Double Bubble in the locker room and on the sidelines. After a phone call to Mark Attanasio to see if he could obtain unused or outdated buckets of the pink stuff failed, Ted made a strong recommendation that the Packers roll with the non gum chewing Kizer instead

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Certainly better than nothing, however, we'll never know if there was more value to trading him before he had to play last year. I think there was a lot of talk that we came close to dealing him during the draft a year or so ago. Wonder what (if any) hard offers were made. Once he played last year I assumed no team in their right mind would give us anything for him so yea, at this point, a 6th rounder is a win. 

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Since 1990, 333 out of 838 fifth round players have made it to their fifth season.  So yes, the majority (60%) never make it to their fifth year.  Hundley = Success. 

You could argue Hundley had no business making it this long either........but, I guess we don't need to go there. I'm just happy Seattle bit and gave up the pick. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Certainly better than nothing, however, we'll never know if there was more value to trading him before he had to play last year. I think there was a lot of talk that we came close to dealing him during the draft a year or so ago. Wonder what (if any) hard offers were made. Once he played last year I assumed no team in their right mind would give us anything for him so yea, at this point, a 6th rounder is a win. 

I'd have to imagine we weren't getting much more than a Day 2 pick, which is obviously a huge step up from what we actually received for Hundley.  The problem is that you can't go into the season with Joe Callahan and Taysom Hill as your backup QBs, and I have no desire to go through the Seneca Wallace debacle again.  The Packers clearly didn't feel that the uncertainty at the QB position was worth whatever the team was acquiring.  And quite frankly, I don't blame them.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Archived