Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

4 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty comfortable saying I don't think this will be an issue for him in that Carroll offense. I couldn't be happier for that young man really.

I mean, one of Hundley's issues is that he sees ghosts, but behind the Seattle OL, just statistically speaking, the ghosts are most likely to be actual defenders. ;p

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, one of Hundley's issues is that he sees ghosts, but behind the Seattle OL, just statistically speaking, the ghosts are most likely to be actual defenders. ;p

That's easily the best looking OL Seattle has had in some time right now. New OL coach will help a great deal IMO. 

Wouldn't fight ya on the lack of pocket feel. Just think that very clear flaw will play UP in that Seattle system as will the rest of his skillset. I'm not saying he's gonna beat out Wilson here. I'm saying that's a system that should allow his skills to flourish. Everything played down for him in Mac's system and I'm looking for him to be a damn solid backup in Seattle.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

People acting like Gute did some Jedi mind trick to get a DP for Hundley lol.

I mean, it seems about right anyway.  Remember, FA losses play a full year for their new team before their corresponding compensatory pick is awarded, the 2018 compensatories that Green Bay got were for guys like Hyde and Lang.  So if Hundley walked  after this year, GB would get a 2021 pick for him, and a 2019 6th is worth a 2021 4th and I doubt Hundley would have netted a 4th in FA compensation anyway.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, it seems about right anyway.  Remember, FA losses play a full year for their new team before their corresponding compensatory pick is awarded, the 2018 compensatories that Green Bay got were for guys like Hyde and Lang.  So if Hundley walked  after this year, GB would get a 2021 pick for him, and a 2019 6th is worth a 2021 4th and I doubt Hundley would have netted a 4th in FA compensation anyway.

I'm not arguing that comp value metric. My point is any compotent GM for you could have fielded that call and got a pick. Including the devil GM himself. It wasn't magic.

I hadn't expected they'd be able to get more than a 7th or a conditional.  

6th seems like good value.  

HOpefully Kizer and Boyle will both progress well, and turn into variably good NFL QB's.  

Best of luck to Hundley, who seems like a really nice, sincere guy.  

6 minutes ago, craig said:

I hadn't expected they'd be able to get more than a 7th or a conditional.  

6th seems like good value.  

HOpefully Kizer and Boyle will both progress well, and turn into variably good NFL QB's.  

Best of luck to Hundley, who seems like a really nice, sincere guy.  

I'm wondering if it's partly because they think they could get a 5th comp pick for Hundley if they don't resign him.

Archived