Edited by Tyty
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Got a new job

its full time 8-4

i was getting only 18-23 hrs a week at jimmys so I needed something more

factory job making glass for car windows 

tenor.gif

Also, don’t post about making more money on a football forum where several potential landlords post.

Going rate on my garage is going UP UP UP UP!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How freaking hard of an inquiry could they have done to give me a $2000 credit card in like 10 seconds?

"Hard" inquiries are pretty much status quo when you're applying for a line of credit. Car, credit card, etc.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So I applied for a credit card yesterday and  got approved almost instantly. Then today I see my credit score went down 15 points because of a hard inquiry. How freaking hard of an inquiry could they have done to give me a $2000 credit card in like 10 seconds?

If you were accepted why did it go down? Have you applied for a lot of credit lately? 

10 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Mine never goes down? The only time its gone down in the past 5 years is when I missed a payment as I forgot to set up my direct debit. 

"For many people, one additional credit inquiry (voluntary and initiated by an application for credit) may not affect their FICO score at all. For others, one additional credit inquiry would take less than 5 points off their FICO score."

http://www.myfico.com/credit-education/questions/how-do-inquiries-impact-credit-scores/

3 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Does anyone still actually watch Game of Thrones?

Yes

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. This is the first thing I've applied for in 10 years. 

If you have a limited credit history, one new hard inquiry probably has a greater effect than someone who is more established with their history. I say probably, because I don't know.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So I applied for a credit card yesterday and  got approved almost instantly. Then today I see my credit score went down 15 points because of a hard inquiry. How freaking hard of an inquiry could they have done to give me a $2000 credit card in like 10 seconds?

If you are able, many places will break down your credit score and what you can do to improve it.  Capital One does it for free with my Venture card for example.

It'll show you the impact a hard inquiry will have and, at least in Capital One's case, has a simulator to see how various things may impact credit, positively or negatively.