What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, Tyty said:
4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

So much on my docket for tonight; the Linkin Park Chester tribute show live-streaming right after work, Stranger Things 2 dropping today on Netflix and Mario Odyssey for the Switch.

I can't remember the last time I had so much to look forward to all in one day.

Don't forget assassins creed origins

Astros/Dodgers game 3 as well.

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Instead of looking at it from a big picture ("how can I help the company communicate better?", "what can I do better?"), you're still trying to be right.

All I have to go on is 2 posts from you, and despite me being an idiot, I'm already pretty sure you don't take feedback well. If I'm getting that impression that quickly, hiring managers are going to catch on too.

Idk man. This company I work for is small, we have 7 employees. You'd have to know the culture here to really comment. Sometimes the people I work with catch feelings over little stuff like this every once in a while. We're good. She sometimes steps over her rank and takes things personal. I think that her blasting me thru the company email where all of us can see her response to me wasn't the way to do it, she could've only replied to me one on one as I did and I wouldn't have got as upset as I did. I'm not going to post the email chain but I assure you, I showed my wife the emails and she thought it wasn't the right way to do things either. I usually let things go but this crossed the professional boundaries IMO. Like i said, we're ok she took it to a level it shouldn't have gone to and I think she realized it after we spoke on the phone. This job is where I'll be for a long time. I'm not going to leave anytime soon. If they drop me I'll be fine too, I'm a professional at what I do and I can go anywhere and have longevity. I'm not sweating it. I didn't say anything wrong.

12 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Idk man. This company I work for is small, we have 7 employees. You'd have to know the culture here to really comment. Sometimes the people I work with catch feelings over little stuff like this every once in a while. We're good. She sometimes steps over her rank and takes things personal. I think that her blasting me thru the company email where all of us can see her response to me wasn't the way to do it, she could've only replied to me one on one as I did and I wouldn't have got as upset as I did. I'm not going to post the email chain but I assure you, I showed my wife the emails and she thought it wasn't the right way to do things either. I usually let things go but this crossed the professional boundaries IMO. Like i said, we're ok she took it to a level it shouldn't have gone to and I think she realized it after we spoke on the phone. This job is where I'll be for a long time. I'm not going to leave anytime soon. If they drop me I'll be fine too, I'm a professional at what I do and I can go anywhere and have longevity. I'm not sweating it. I didn't say anything wrong.

If the company is small and everyone knows each other well, I'm sure no one is reading to much into that one email.

If your boss has tendency to call people out unnecessarily, they'll know it and dismiss it.  The fact that everyone knows you makes it that much less significant, they've already formed their opinion of you and an email won't change that.

Your boss may have acted in a ridiculous manner, but you seemingly blew something minor out of proportion (again, just giving my opinion as you shared the story). @ramssuperbowl99 was correct IMO when he stated that you should have just politely asked what gave her that impression.

At the end of the day it seems to be no big deal, but if react in a similar manner moving forward you may come off as difficult, whether that's deserved or not. Best bet is to buy her a coffee/beer/whatever and move on (which it sounds as though you have).

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If the company is small and everyone knows each other well, I'm sure no one is reading to much into that one email.

If your boss has tendency to call people out unnecessarily, they'll know it and dismiss it.  The fact that everyone knows you makes it that much less significant, they've already formed their opinion of you and an email won't change that.

Your boss may have acted in a ridiculous manner, but you seemingly blew something minor out of proportion (again, just giving my opinion as you shared the story). @ramssuperbowl99 was correct IMO when he stated that you should have just politely asked what gave her that impression.

At the end of the day it seems to be no big deal, but if react in a similar manner moving forward you may come off as difficult, whether that's deserved or not. Best bet is to buy her a coffee/beer/whatever and move on (which it sounds as though you have).

Wow, I can't believe the reactions from you guys. She makes an assumption of my mood based off of a stupid email, calls me out in said email in an unprofessional manner and it seems like you're making it out to be my fault. I'd hate to work where you guys work. Sounds like a Nazi regime. ???

I've worked with these people for almost 10 years. I think it's ok to tell her not to make it into something bigger by not making assumptions. Instead of saying I did it wrong how about acknowledge that she could have simply called me to see if I was ok. You know, she is my superior. She should be more inclined to know that her email wasn't a good way to handle things, especially knowing everyone in my company could see it. I actually responded ONLY TO HER that I am ok, no problems. I stated I just want to settle the tenant issue and that was it. I also let her know that she could just ask me if I'm ok before assuming I'm upset, happy, angry, whatever. Anyway, it's done and we're all good. I think we all have our problems with each other but we make things run smoothly and efficiently with our properties. 

I work for an excellent company and love my job.  My manager and I get along wonderfully. I'm not the one complaining about my manager mind you.

I was under the impression you were looking for honest feedback, but it seems you just wanted folks to agree with you. Fair enough.

Just trying to provide some feedback man.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm thinking Bosses who act in a ridiculous manner, should not be "bosses" of anyone tbh.  ******* children.  Hate working with people who make things more dramatic and complicated than they need to be for their own dumbass self-serving purposes, and think they're "in charge".

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm thinking Bosses who act in a ridiculous manner, should not be "bosses" of anyone tbh.  ******* children.  Hate working with people who make things more dramatic and complicated than they need to be for their own dumbass self-serving purposes, and think they're "in charge".

I mean, I don't know if anyone is arguing against any of those points tbh.

We heard one side of the story. It's not exactly out of the realm of possibility that there was some bias in how it was told.