What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Simple and effective. I like it.

Simple is usually the best route

Effective is a little over rated, however.

2 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

Honestly from that I could see how some drivers get confused considering the width of the lane as well as the lack of signs/text saying its a bike lane.

Obviously they're still at fault, but the town/city aught to paint "Bike Lane" or something onto it if they want more people to follow it.

Chicago has bikes painted on the path to denote a bike lane. They still do it there. 

image.jpg 

50 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Chicago has bikes painted on the path to denote a bike lane. They still do it there. 

image.jpg 

With those lanes the driver is fully at fault. Some of our lanes resemble shoulders more than lanes. 

Way back in the day there was a commercial that was meant to combat childhood inactivity and obesity. It was a fake ad for a snack cake, Gofer cakes. I woke up this morning with the song from that commercial stuck in my head and I have no idea why.

Looked it up and hearing it and watching it again, it brought back memories of watching cartoons after school and eating Little Debbies. I don't think it was a very effective commercial. 

they gotta make bike lanes bigger or just make riding a bike on the road illegal. i've come close to killing like 5 ppl this year on bikes. i dont know close. but i know there's been like 5 times where my heart rate was elevated from nearly killing someone. 

it's wild they make sidewalk riding illegal cause they dont want person on bike rider collision, but bike rider on car going ~50mph is cool. 

one of the top 3 most annoying aspects of driving, for sure. 

56 minutes ago, iPwn said:

image.jpg 

if the lanes aren't like this, don't even put a put "bike lane." like @Gmen4ev just said they're all just shoulders pretty much in orlando/and all the cities i been to in florida. 

A recently renovated street in front of US Bank stadium has an extra sidewalk as a bike lane. It's between the pedestrian sidewalk and the road. It seems pretty nice. It's paved differently so it should be clear that it serves a different purpose but that doesn't stop pedestrians from standing on it while waiting at the crosswalk. 

4 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

they gotta make bike lanes bigger or just make riding a bike on the road illegal. i've come close to killing like 5 ppl this year on bikes. i dont know close. but i know there's been like 5 times where my heart rate was elevated from nearly killing someone. 

it's wild they make sidewalk riding illegal cause they dont want person on bike rider collision, but bike rider on car going ~50mph is cool. 

one of the top 3 most annoying aspects of driving, for sure. 

I disagree that riding the bike on the road should be illegal. But sometimes bikers are as at fault of poor driving as drivers themselves. I've seen bikers fully disobey traffic laws and speed through red lights, turn without signaling, cross into the main road to pass other cyclists. There's never going to be a perfect solution. But I brought up Denver because their bike lanes are fairly wide (4-5 feet) as well as mostly everyone being aware of their existence and use. On top of that they're all well lit and unlike some lanes out here don't turn into pitch black come nightfall.

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

I disagree that riding the bike on the road should be illegal. But sometimes bikers are as at fault of poor driving as drivers themselves. I've seen bikers fully disobey traffic laws and speed through red lights, turn without signaling, cross into the main road to pass other cyclists. There's never going to be a perfect solution. But I brought up Denver because their bike lanes are fairly wide (4-5 feet) as well as mostly everyone being aware of their existence and use. On top of that they're all well lit and unlike some lanes out here don't turn into pitch black come nightfall.

man (i typed bro, but am now refraining myself from saying that lol) dudes on bikes are so wild where I'm at. at least once a day one of them is riding on the road (or just veering waaaay off into the road, to where it's not even just like "oh ok this dude is a little on the car road, nbd" it's like "this dude probably drunk" level of being the road) and halting traffic as people have to like get in someone else's lane to avoid hitting them. blood red mad every time man. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

man (i typed bro, but am now refraining myself from saying that lol) dudes on bikes are so wild where I'm at. at least once a day one of them is riding on the road (or just veering waaaay off into the road, to where it's not even just like "oh ok this dude is a little on the car road, nbd" it's like "this dude probably drunk" level of being the road) and halting traffic as people have to like get in someone else's lane to avoid hitting them. blood red mad every time man. 

I don't understand those people. Myself personally would rather not get rammed from behind by a massive object(unless me and the bros are Greco-Roman wrestling). And really wouldn't like to wake up in a hospital because I decided to just veer off into the main road. I would assume about 20% of people just don't understand how to use the bike lane. But veering off 4-5 feet into traffic is just Darwin's law waiting to happen.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Bikers in Iowa City were very annoying.

The bike lane there is on the side (like a shoulder as someone else said) though. The areas without bike lanes suck and the bikers who decide to ignore the bike lanes suck.

People suck