What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’m generally a quiet person. I can talk someone’s ears off if it’s a topic I’m focused on or know a lot about (hence why you get a lot from me when it comes to topics here, because I’m able to stay in my wheelhouse), but in general I’m much more reserved unless I have something to say. The text forum also allows for me to chose words wisely and express my inner thoughts that I might choose not to say out loud or would otherwise take time to express. So you do get my connections to people, social understandings and such that are very well developed, but they’re largely internal when not expressed in a medium like this.

I can be the life of the party when I need to be. Push people to talk more, go about those things. But I tend not to unless I’m in a situation that requires it. I really don’t have a problem chatting someone up at the bar, I just would rather not.

I wouldn’t say the artist is who I am because I’m not really a creative person. I have a deep appreciation for the creativity in music, but I approach that appreciation largely in an analytical way, if that makes sense. Though, I guess one could explain my interest in writing on topics on here or through other media and expressing things as I do as a form of artistic behavior, even if such things do come from somewhat analytical understandings.

Like jrry said, it’s not really scientific or anything. But it’s fun.

Analytical and artist are not mutually exclusive. Youve always come across as a creative person on here. Like I said yesterday, award show interactions, stuff you would say on the chat site, sig designs, crazy amount of music.

That does make sense on why you would be more verbal on this site than in real life. I kind of alluded to that in the earlier post - that most people on here would lean towards introverted. 

Edited by Matts4313

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Analytical and artist are not mutually exclusive. Youve always come across as a creative person on here. Like I said yesterday, the music, award show interactions, stuff you would say on the chat site, sig designs, crazy amount of music.

I don’t really view myself as creative. Most of those things are very formulaic for me. “This works, follow the exact same structure the next time.” I can go outside of that and make stuff using ideas, but it isn’t natural. It’s something that I really have to work at excessively to make work.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How'd it go?

Pretty decent imo. I'm pretty optimistic. He said he's looking to hire 30-40 people so I definitely have a shot I hope lol. Just part time but I can pick up enough shifts to be full time without the full time benefits pretty much then after a year I can be full time I guess. Would be pretty sweet to have a job in something sports related after dedicating all my time for the last decade into football lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Skimming through, its a sales associate at Dicks right? Nothing to be stressed about. Express your interest in sports and communicating with people. That you are detail oriented, tidy and like to present a positive image to customers. Tell them your strong suit is your people skills, and if they ask for a weakness, tell them that you worry too much about making good impressions and it leads to stress. 

You got this man. 

And once you get it, I will drive to the store and get you fired. Enemy. 

Yeah sales associate. I was pretty unprepared for the random questions he asked about my work history lol but I made sure to respond instantly with convincing answers out of my *** so it would seem like I was confident and can adapt easy or something. The dude was super full of himself like everyone is in Mishawaka (right by South Bend) and talked about himself like half the time I was there lol. He was impressed I worked at a golf course and said that probably meant i had experience dealing with people and stuff even though the job was actually pretty antisocial cause you had to avoid those people at all costs and let them golf lol. 

Get me fired all you want. I'll hook you up with some neat Nike football gloves for a sweet 1% off if you don't tho ?

17 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Yeah, but he's just going to tell you why all your opinions on a subject are misguided, and the result of something other than the actual thing you're talking about. I'm with @jfinley88 on this, I'd pass on hanging out with a guy like that.

That's fine with me. I like learning new things.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im too lazy to read that. I will say this though - prior to taking that test I thought psychology as a whole was bunk. Hell, I once read that couples that go to marriage counseling have a 60% chances of divorce. Thats worse than not going at all. So, now that you know my stance, I will say that for me personally the test was balls on accurate. Maybe its bunk and I am an exception. Thats obviously not to say it applies to all.

Should that surprise us? How often do couples with healthy relationships go to marriage counseling for fun? If you're in marriage counseling, you probably have an issue with your marriage. It's like saying that you can't trust traffic lights because 60% of people who stand in the middle of busy intersections get hit by cars. ;)

As for why it's accurate, that was discussed as well. This is a general explanation of why:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

That's only bolstered by them focusing on positive aspects.

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Analytical and artist are not mutually exclusive. Youve always come across as a creative person on here. Like I said yesterday, award show interactions, stuff you would say on the chat site, sig designs, crazy amount of music.

That does make sense on why you would be more verbal on this site than in real life. I kind of alluded to that in the earlier post - that most people on here would lean towards introverted. 

As long as I'm being the jerk that spoils the fun, one more issue with the test is that people are variable. I'm both an extrovert and an introvert.(it depends on my mood) I expect that holds true for a significant portion of the population.

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Yeah sales associate. I was pretty unprepared for the random questions he asked about my work history lol but I made sure to respond instantly with convincing answers out of my *** so it would seem like I was confident and can adapt easy or something. The dude was super full of himself like everyone is in Mishawaka (right by South Bend) and talked about himself like half the time I was there lol. He was impressed I worked at a golf course and said that probably meant i had experience dealing with people and stuff even though the job was actually pretty antisocial cause you had to avoid those people at all costs and let them golf lol. 

Get me fired all you want. I'll hook you up with some neat Nike football gloves for a sweet 1% off if you don't tho ?

Please dear lord tell me that is not actually the employee discount. I jut dropped to benjies there about a month ago. Dicks is over priced as hell, but it has a ridiculous selection (at least here).

I take it you got the job?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Please dear lord tell me that is not actually the employee discount. I jut dropped to benjies there about a month ago. Dicks is over priced as hell, but it has a ridiculous selection (at least here).

I take it you got the job?

No idea if there is a discount or what it is lol. Don't even know what the pay is an hour cause I've heard it's something you shouldn't ask in an interview 

and no I didn't get the job (yet?) if they like me they'll call me for another interview but there's 30-40 openings there apparentlygiphy.gif