What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Coworker? I thought she was your boss.

I would react very differently to a coworker than my boss.

I wouldn't.

I try to treat everyone equally, especially at work.  When I worked inpatient I saw people who started as nurse's aides be house supervisors and unit managers in 5-6 years.  

You never know who your next boss will be or who you'll need a favor from.

Ask what gave them that idea so you can avoid it in the future, apologize for any misunderstanding and if that doesn't work THEN you can give them the earful they apparently deserve. You don't have to be a pushover, but people like working with easygoing, understanding coworkers, not folks who are always half cocked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn't.

I try to treat everyone equally, especially at work.  When I worked inpatient I saw people who started as nurse's aides be house supervisors and unit managers in 5-6 years.  

Ask what gave them that idea so you can avoid it in the future, apologize for any misunderstanding and if that doesn't work THEN you can give them the earful they apparently deserve. You don't have to be a pushover, but people like working with easygoing, understanding coworkers, not folks who are always half cocked. 

I'm guessing he's referring to this specific situation? Like a co-worker would have e-mailed and said "hey you don't do this any more because you seem upset".  I'd react differently to that than my boss telling me not to do anything because my workload isn't assigned by my co-workers. 

In terms of the tone of the e-mail and using this as an opportunity to adjust my communication style in general, I agree with you that I'd react the same way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm guessing he's referring to this specific situation? Like a co-worker would have e-mailed and said "hey you don't do this any more because you seem upset".  I'd react differently to that than my boss telling me not to do anything because my workload isn't assigned by my co-workers. 

In terms of the tone of the e-mail and using this as an opportunity to adjust my communication style in general, I agree with you that I'd react the same way.

Yeah, that's prolly true.

• Like 1

OK, long story short, we have an office tenant who had a lot of flies in their suite for some reason. I called the pest control and they said the only option was to bomb that they don't come in and do treatments. My boss had me buy fly spray from HD and spray the place in the morning before they came. It didn't help. 

My original email:
This morning I bought spray from HD as directed and sprayed the whole suite and ceilings. It didn't work, it killed some that were flying around but there are still a lot that are alive. I just went up there with one of the cleaners to show her so she can clean up all the dead flies around the suite. I need more assistance with this issue, I was up there and everyone was telling me we need to fix this ASAP. I didn't say much besides that I sprayed fly spray.

Her reply: 
Have the exterminator come onsite to evaluate and spray something.
Then if we need to bomb it we’ll bomb it.
Has the exterminator even come out yet?
That should be the  1st step.

OK, here's the email I sent that got her triggered:
The pest control never came out because the only option is to bomb the suite. Me and LL spoke with them. The only option is to bomb it, we need to come in after they leave and have them bomb the suite, it should be ok to be in there after 6 hours they said, we just have to coordinate a date to do it. If we came in at 6 or 7pm the suite would have around 12+ hrs before anyone came in the next day.

This was her reply:
Kevin LLee is going to call the exterminator because you sound irritated.
The 1st step is to have an exterminator come out.

So, how are your thoughts now?

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

If she was my boss, I probably ignore it. Or email her and let her know I’m not irritated and don’t mind calling the exterminator if she hasn’t already...

Pretty much this.

Ask what made her think I was irritated, as I don't see anything in your provided text that would indicate that, and move on.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fair enough. Probably a much better way to handle it. 

• Like 1

My wife invited all her coworkers over to binge Stranger Things season 2......

They’re all smoking hot. Kinda wish I had a heads up about that, but definitely don’t want to complain about a home full of beautiful women.

Im drinking whiskey getting a strong afternoon buzz going, probably gonna make a fool of myself tonight but that’s OK.

• Like 2

@steadypimpin

Its definitely annoying to have someone misinterprete your mood, especially in a group email. I get your frustration.

Maybe just take more time to decide if it’s worth making an issue? That’s different for everyone I guess, but for me her comment probably wouldn’t be worth bringing up. Theres probably times you WERE in a bad mood and she didn’t say anything at all. Everyone has bad day.

Either way, glad you like your job and more or less like the people you work with. That’s always a good thing.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

My wife invited all her coworkers over to binge Stranger Things season 2......

They’re all smoking hot. Kinda wish I had a heads up about that, but definitely don’t want to complain about a home full of beautiful women.

Im drinking whiskey getting a strong afternoon buzz going, probably gonna make a fool of myself tonight but that’s OK.

Whatchya drinkin?

Im working on a Citradelic right now (thanks to the alcohol thread for th reminder).

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whatchya drinkin?

Im working on a Citradelic right now (thanks to the alcohol thread for th reminder).

Love citradelic. 

Drinking Hell-Cat Maggie Irish Whiskey. Twas on sale for $15. It's OK.

Hell-Cat Maggie Irish Whiskey is distilled at the famed Cooley Distillery in Louth, Ireland and bottled in the US by Phillips Distilling Co. The whiskey is named after a female hellraiser and member of a notorious Irish-American gang, the Dead Rabbits, during the 1850s in New York.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nice, I'll have to look for that.

I can't recommend it other than a decent value whiskey for the price I got it at. Probably won't buy it again unless it's around $13 or 14.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Forgot to add, all coworkers who could be a manager/supervisor in the future should be treated as if they're going to be a manger/supervisor in the future. That's just the smart play, unless you really don't like them...

Though if I don't suspect you'll ever be my boss, you're fair game... lol

That said I've never had any real issues with a coworker, I'm real easy going at work. If I'm getting paid, I'm easy to work with. 

• Like 1