What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That sucks man. You had only been working there like a month right? What happened?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What happened?

After my shift had to talk to HR for some reason and they told me I wasn't doing my job in a cell fast enough after having worked 5 weeks. I should've explained that it was a miscommunication cause I'd only been in a cell 2 days and was still learning but kinda just accepted my fate and walked out. I'd been working in containment (inspection of parts before they're shipped out) for a month. I was kinda just so stressed out at the moment that I just said okay and left. 

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

After my shift had to talk to HR for some reason and they told me I wasn't doing my job in a cell fast enough after having worked 5 weeks. I should've explained that it was a miscommunication cause I'd only been in a cell 2 days and was still learning but kinda just accepted my fate and walked out. I'd been working in containment (inspection of parts before they're shipped out) for a month. I was kinda just so stressed out at the moment that I just said okay and left. 

Sorry to hear that.

Oh well, go get another one, life goes on.

19 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Luckily, in Michigan, there a ton of factories to work in. Just apply to others.

What were you doing? Inspection?

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Luckily, in Michigan, there a ton of factories to work in. Just apply to others.

What were you doing? Inspection?

Yeah quality inspector kinda guy. I checked all the parts before they ship out. 

8 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Yeah quality inspector kinda guy. I checked all the parts before they ship out. 

If you didn't mind piece work, you've got a ton of options.

I personally hated it. I tried it once and lasted four hours before I talked to someone and walked out.

Thanks for the support y'all. May not seem like a big deal but I was actually SO proud of myself for working my *** off and actually being able to do the job after having countless health issues (many I just deal with now) so this is completely crushing and demoralizing. I cried when I got home. 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

This honestly sounds like something that could be corrected if you wanted to. Maybe send them an email Monday and tell them this story. 

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Thanks for the support y'all. May not seem like a big deal but I was actually SO proud of myself for working my *** off and actually being able to do the job after having countless health issues (many I just deal with now) so this is completely crushing and demoralizing. I cried when I got home. 

I know things like this are hard in the moment, but this will likely be a completely insignificant moment in your life.

It's a job, they come and go and no one is good at all of them (other than probably me).

Take a look back and honestly assess what you sucked at, work to improve upon it and keep moving forward.

You seem like a good dude, I'm sure things will work out in due time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This honestly sounds like something that could be corrected if you wanted to. Maybe send them an email Monday and tell them this story. 

See the reason I didn't reach out to them already once I came to my senses is if their communication is this bad and they don't even know what I was doing, I'll be saving myself a job and then getting let go further down the line probably. When? Who knows. I have no seniority and am the low man on the totem pole so I have no faith in being retained for any amount of time. Seems like they were just keeping me there to get the 352's (chevy Impala windshields) done and let me go after. Idk. I'm going to apply at a factory in my actual town I'm thinking. Will save me about 10 mins on driving.