What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So i started a job about a year and a half ago. Last year at my performance review i got a 10% raise,even though i was the most junior member in my 5 person department. Fast forward a year and at 4 separate occasions in the year (March, July, September, and December) i got an increase in work for my portfolio. And due to a retirement, resignation, and someone being let go, i became the 2nd most tenured person in the department. So i figured due to my seniority and huge increase in work/responsibility, i would get a big raise? But i only got 6%. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but with a huge increase in work, i expected my raise to at least match last years raise. 

My question is, should i bring this up with my boss and see if theres any room for negotiation? I really hate doing something like this, but for the amount of work i do, and the huge increase in my responsibilities, i feel i'm undervalued. I take on all extra work, keep all my original tasks, and hit all my deadlines while never complaining. 

9 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

I deliberately left him out, Hunter. He's a beautiful abomination that should be kicked out of the front rowers club. 

It'd be like having linemen that are better looking than Tom Brady. It's just not the done thing.   

He does look ridiculous

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

So i started a job about a year and a half ago. Last year at my performance review i got a 10% raise,even though i was the most junior member in my 5 person department. Fast forward a year and at 4 separate occasions in the year (March, July, September, and December) i got an increase in work for my portfolio. And due to a retirement, resignation, and someone being let go, i became the 2nd most tenured person in the department. So i figured due to my seniority and huge increase in work/responsibility, i would get a big raise? But i only got 6%. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but with a huge increase in work, i expected my raise to at least match last years raise. 

My question is, should i bring this up with my boss and see if theres any room for negotiation? I really hate doing something like this, but for the amount of work i do, and the huge increase in my responsibilities, i feel i'm undervalued. I take on all extra work, keep all my original tasks, and hit all my deadlines while never complaining. 

In this current climate, I would actually be grateful with the position you are in. Good things will come. Having said that, yes, I do think it's worth mentioning. You haven't been there long, but they clearly really need you!

The world needs more @bucsfan333 and @LETSGOBROWNIES. They should start a podcast about football...

But instead of a podcast, it should be a TV show. But instead of being about football, it should be about those two moving to New Orleans and solving crimes. I could play the role of the street smart pimp who keeps them in the know...I already have a catch phrase in mind for my character...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The world needs more @bucsfan333 and @LETSGOBROWNIES. They should start a podcast about football...

But instead of a podcast, it should be a TV show. But instead of being about football, it should be about those two moving to New Orleans and solving crimes. I could play the role of the street smart pimp who keeps them in the know...I already have a catch phrase in mind for my character...

I’m in, I love New Orleans.

Beignets and sazeracs??? Man...

Couple quick questions though, do we actually solve the crimes or can we just stumble around the French Quarter questioning strippers? Is sobriety required? 

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

How's the wilderness in New Orleans?  It's Louisiana, so you might need a swamp expert for gators, snakes and spiders. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In this current climate, I would actually be grateful with the position you are in. Good things will come. Having said that, yes, I do think it's worth mentioning. You haven't been there long, but they clearly really need you!

The current climate of the economy on the rise and businesses and job opportunities increases? 

Get the raise, you have more work, they have two less people, and i assume you’ve increased your skill level. I would ask for 14% more honestly. (On top of the 6%) if they say no just look for better job opportunities. 

Idk what you do so it might be different but ive constantly see people settling for what ever wage there current job has to offer because there friends or they have the “well i guess they cant afford it” attitude. Had a coworker who hardcore thought that getting paid $11 was fine because “the manager doesnt control wage corporate made that decision so its not there fault” to which i told him its not his fault either. He left and got paid 18.50 at a new job and has had raised since. Dont get stuck with bull crap corporate loyalty.  

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Couple quick questions though, do we actually solve the crimes or can we just stumble around the French Quarter questioning strippers? Is sobriety required? 

Love this direction. In fact, we can probably weave that into a running joke.

Bucs: We're on the case!

Pimp ET: Say baby, you ain't solved no case in three years!

LETSGO: What about that time we solved the case of the guy peeing on Bourbon Street?

Pimp ET: Say baby, that was YOU!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How's the wilderness in New Orleans?  It's Louisiana, so you might need a swamp expert for gators, snakes and spiders. 

Not really. But, we do need a guy walking around with a boombox over his head, playing their theme music as they walk around.

I was thinking this as their theme song:

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The night I had on bourbon street is the most regrettable fun I had in-front of my parents. 

• Like 2