What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Well, after 12 years it was finally time.  Time for me to get a new wallet.  My last wallet I bought before I moved away from North Dakota at 17 years old, and now that wallet has finally died beyond repair.  I spent 10 dollars on it. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Well, after 12 years it was finally time.  Time for me to get a new wallet.  My last wallet I bought before I moved away from North Dakota at 17 years old, and now that wallet has finally died beyond repair.  I spent 10 dollars on it. 

What part of N. Dakota are you from?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@HorizontoZenith I’m going to be driving across the state and staying a night in Dickinson in May, any tips or places worth stopping?

Lol, no.  I think there's a dinosaur museum that's eff old near Dickinson.  The only remotely interesting tourist type place is the Badlands near Medora.  Teddy Roosevelt National Park and all that.  The rest of North Dakota is pretty flat and boring except for the Missouri River, but it's going to be way too cold this time of year to do anything like that.  All the interesting tourist destinations of the Dakotas are in South Dakota.  And they literally only have two IHOPs in North Dakota.  Grand Island and Fargo. 

Edit:

I'm not talking crap about North Dakota.  That is God's country right there.  People like to make fun of it, but you won't find a better group of people in all of the country than you will in North Dakota.  You won't find a better quality of living in all of the country if you take out temperature averages.  It consistently ranks near the top of the happiness index, don't know if this is still true, but it has the highest number of millionaires per capita, crime so low people don't lock their doors, the best German food and the best pizza I have ever tasted in my life and the best beef jerky I have ever tasted in my life.  It's a no-nonsense state that I would never leave if it was just a little bit warmer and had better wildlife.  It's basically Montana without mountains and perfect in every way except for temperature and wildlife. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

33 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol, no.  I think there's a dinosaur museum that's eff old near Dickinson.  The only remotely interesting tourist type place is the Badlands near Medora.  Teddy Roosevelt National Park and all that.  The rest of North Dakota is pretty flat and boring except for the Missouri River, but it's going to be way too cold this time of year to do anything like that.  All the interesting tourist destinations of the Dakotas are in South Dakota.  And they literally only have two IHOPs in North Dakota.  Grand Island and Fargo. 

Edit:

I'm not talking crap about North Dakota.  That is God's country right there.  People like to make fun of it, but you won't find a better group of people in all of the country than you will in North Dakota.  You won't find a better quality of living in all of the country if you take out temperature averages.  It consistently ranks near the top of the happiness index, don't know if this is still true, but it has the highest number of millionaires per capita, crime so low people don't lock their doors, the best German food and the best pizza I have ever tasted in my life and the best beef jerky I have ever tasted in my life.  It's a no-nonsense state that I would never leave if it was just a little bit warmer and had better wildlife.  It's basically Montana without mountains and perfect in every way except for temperature and wildlife. 

I’m not one to make fun of any place. I generally feel like if you can’t enjoy yourself somewhere it’s a “you” thing. Through experience I’ve been lucky enough to visit a number of places and sometimes the best places aren’t always the most popular.

Im planning on stopping at Teddy Roosevelt, so that should be cool.  We’re gonna hit South Dakota on the way back, so we’ll get to see most of those sites then.

Thanks for the info though!

ve worked for a sawmill for the last 4.5 years. I had worked my way from the bottom as a basic production worker to an industrial maintainance position, which i held for the last 1.5 years, including being responsible for all mechanical maintainance work during a production shift at one point.

Recently the company i worked for was bought out by a large corporation and thru their process half of our maintainance staff left, were demoted, or let go. I was demoted back to my original job i was hired for, taking the demotion, an hours cut, and a $1000/mo pay cut. The reason given was that they simply used fewer workers and the job i was given was the best they could give me given my skills. My entire department and manager were outraged. I was told by a high up in the new company to be patient and that id be back in maintainance soon.

After a month i was told i was being promoted back to industrial maintainance, sat down with the maintainance manager, signed a job transfer sheet, and was told as soon as they hired someone to replace me that id take my new position.

My replacement was hired and currently working alongside me, and ive been ignored by every manager since said replacement started, even after telling the maintainance manager that i had better job offers in other states. I dont want to move tho as it would take me far away from my family. Dont know what else to do to get them to keep their word. And advice fellas? And anyone know if i have any HR/legal standing if theyve reneged on their agreement despite promises and documentation of me accepting the job im being denied?

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

ve worked for a sawmill for the last 4.5 years. I had worked my way from the bottom as a basic production worker to an industrial maintainance position, which i held for the last 1.5 years, including being responsible for all mechanical maintainance work during a production shift at one point.

Recently the company i worked for was bought out by a large corporation and thru their process half of our maintainance staff left, were demoted, or let go. I was demoted back to my original job i was hired for, taking the demotion, an hours cut, and a $1000/mo pay cut. The reason given was that they simply used fewer workers and the job i was given was the best they could give me given my skills. My entire department and manager were outraged. I was told by a high up in the new company to be patient and that id be back in maintainance soon.

After a month i was told i was being promoted back to industrial maintainance, sat down with the maintainance manager, signed a job transfer sheet, and was told as soon as they hired someone to replace me that id take my new position.

My replacement was hired and currently working alongside me, and ive been ignored by every manager since said replacement started, even after telling the maintainance manager that i had better job offers in other states. I dont want to move tho as it would take me far away from my family. Dont know what else to do to get them to keep their word. And advice fellas? And anyone know if i have any HR/legal standing if theyve reneged on their agreement despite promises and documentation of me accepting the job im being denied?

Unless you have a contract, it’s at will employment.

I may be wrong, but I don’t believe you have any recourse.