What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I get it guys, it blows at times.  My son just has to have teeth removed (born with an extra tooth that was preventing adult teeth from coming in).  Dental insurance didn’t cover the anesthesia or hospital services and since it’s technically not “medically necessary”, medical didn’t cover it either, so I got to pay cash for it and the total does NOT apply to my deductible or out of pocket max for the year (“elective procedure” and all).

Do I like that? What do you think.  But that’s exactly what my insurance plan spells out for coverage. So I have two choices....

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it guys, it blows at times.  My son just has to have teeth removed (born with an extra tooth that was preventing adult teeth from coming in).  Dental insurance didn’t cover the anesthesia or hospital services and since it’s technically not “medically necessary”, medical didn’t cover it either, so I got to pay cash for it and the total does NOT apply to my deductible or out of pocket max for the year (“elective procedure” and all).

Do I like that? What do you think.  But that’s exactly what my insurance plan spells out for coverage. So I have two choices....

Its absolutely mind blowing that you have no idea what people are saying. 

Its clearly outrageous how health care places charge people. Completely moral corrupt. And you just responded with welp ots your fault. Health insurance isnt easy. Its not like you sign a lease for an apartment. Its twelve miles of red tape and nonsense. My wife worked with if for a while and knows the ins and outs. My mom was paying 500 dollars a week for meds and talked to the insurance and gave them the “thems the bricks speech tour goving” then my wife talks to them about what ever crap ive never heard of and the pills were free. Insurance and health care is about as openly corrupt and broken as it gets but you cant even recognize the problem is far deeper then people not knowing there insurance.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You're arguing a different point than what you're responding to. You're saying "that's the rules" and people are responding saying "it's silly to set a system up that way". 

It's "what is" versus "what should be".

Is some of it silly? Sure.

Some of it is ignorance too, which is essentially the point I’ve been trying to make.

Many people don’t take any time whatsoever to learn anything about the healthcare system and then complain when the step in ish when they have to use it.  “I went to the ER for my sore throat and they charged me $1k and didn’t even do anything!!” That’s not on the hospital, the doctor, the insurance or anyone else, that’s on you.

If I’m making it seem as though it’s a simple process that any idiot can navigate, I apologize, it’s definitely not, and that IS a problem.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some of it is ignorance too, which is essentially the point I’ve been trying to make.

Many people don’t take any time whatsoever to learn anything about the healthcare system and then complain when the step in ish when they have to use it.  “I went to the ER for my sore throat and they charged me $1k and didn’t even do anything!!” That’s not on the hospital, the doctor, the insurance or anyone else, that’s on you.

If I’m making it seem as though it’s a simple process that any idiot can navigate, I apologize, it’s definitely not, and that IS a problem.

Most of it is silly but pointing out some of the idiots doesnt excuse screwing the people that arnt. Ok so someone went in for a sore thoat, that means dome needs to pay 28k for 9 stitchs. 

But that last statement is what everyone is pretty much arguing. 

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tax write off

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A lot of it's silly. The idea that different providers and health insurance companies are negotiating in bulk and producing wildly different prices for the same service is silly. The entire concept of in or out of network is silly.

If you stuck people in a room and said "build this system from scratch" never in a monkey's typing Shakespeare level of time would we come up with something this convoluted.

15 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Most of it is silly but pointing out some of the idiots doesnt excuse screwing the people that arnt. Ok so someone went in for a sore thoat, that means dome needs to pay 28k for 9 stitchs. 

But that last statement is what everyone is pretty much arguing. 

I’m not going to comment on domey and his situation specifically, I have no clue.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Let's put that to the test..

Do you think I’m making this up lol? How do you think I found out my son’s surgery wouldn’t be covered?  You think I just opened a bill that came in the mail one day?

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A lot of it's silly. The idea that different providers and health insurance companies are negotiating in bulk and producing wildly different prices for the same service is silly. The entire concept of in or out of network is silly.

If you stuck people in a room and said "build this system from scratch" never in a monkey's typing Shakespeare level of time would we come up with something this convoluted.

No argument here, but when people complain about issues that are pretty easily avoidable with some level of self education on the topic I have to at least point out the system isn’t THAT bad, are there ARE ways to avoid some of this stuff.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

What did each ER visit amount to?

First one my brother in-law cut the pad of his finger off and they thought he didnt have insurance and said it was something like 200 dollars then he said he had some sort of insurance and it was going to be 800.

then i went for a panic attack and it was 3000 total with but i would have to pay 400 and 250 without.

Just now, eagles101 said:

First one my brother in-law cut the pad of his finger off and they thought he didnt have insurance and said it was something like 200 dollars then he said he had some sort of insurance and it was going to be 800.

then i went for a panic attack and it was 3000 total with but i would have to pay 400 and 250 without.

Good to know as a reference. I wonder if it costs more to get imaging and stuff done.