What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Working in healthcare, in my experience, fat people are almost universally fat due to poor lifestyle choices.

Sure, some folks are disadvantaged, but many are not.  Plenty of folks with a house in the burbs, car, job, etc. who are just gluttonous and lazy.  That’s who we’re talking about here.

Working at a desk and having a commute isn’t a reason for being lazy, it’s an excuse.  Eat better and exercise for 20-30 min and weight comes off, it’s not rocket science.

Imo, most folks look for the “reasons” you listed because feeling as though this isn’t entirely manageable and due to their actions/behaviors is easier than admitting their failures. Losing weight is also tough, and many folks don’t care to put in the work.  It’s easier to watch TV and eat McDonalds than it is run for 20 min and prep food.

Absolutely, most people are fat because they make the decisions to be fat rather than to be healthy.

Go back and look at how I got started on this topic, the only reason I even brought this up was because someone else was misrepresenting the situation as if it was extremely simple for everybody. And they have continued to do so the entire time.

11 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I did not say there weren't reasons why people don't eat right or exercise. But these outliers that you're referencing aren't usually the reasons. Most of the time it is laziness. I get tried of hearing about genetics, for example. If you eat right and exercise even a little bit, that's when excuses like "genetics" become irrelevant.

Again, this is blatantly not true.

Yes most people are fat because they just overeat, eat high carb food, and don't exercise, but not all people, and some people do have to work much harder due to things like genetics.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Yes most people are fat because they just overeat, eat high carb food, and don't exercise, but not all people, and some people do have to work much harder due to things like genetics.

It's definitely true. Show me a person who actually does eat right consistently and who does exercise, who is still fat, and then I will believe your side of the discussion. Some might have to work harder than others, but if they're actually putting in that work, they'll be okay. There are so many people who claim they're doing things right when they're really not.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Eh, calories in/calories out is pretty universal.

Ever see a fat person in a concentration camp?  Stop eating and weight comes off, 100% of the time, genetics be damned.

Of course it’s easier for some, but the blueprint is there for everyone.  To quote @HorizontoZenith, STOP EATING.

Thin privilege is not having to look at the scared faces of other travelers on a plane, worried my assigned seat might be next to them. Thin privilege is not hearing their sigh of relief as I continue to walk down the aisle past them.

5 minutes ago, NS922 said:

There are so many people who claim they're doing things right when they're really not.

So much this.

I worked with a woman who was barely over 5’, 350lbs + and stated she tried eating better and was only eating 1000 cal/day of lean protein and salad while walking for 30 min 4x per week but couldn’t lose weight.

Clearly something she said was untrue.

Most people do a really bad job guesstimating portion size and many have no clue the macronutrient profile of the foods they eat.

Just now, iPwn said:

TIL that you can use food stamps on Amazon, well according to this thread...

I don't know what TIL means, but...

Starting this summer, seven online food retailers, including Amazon and FreshDirect, will start accepting food stamps from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Other participating retailers include Safeway, ShopRite, Hy-Vee, Hart's Local Grocers, and Dash's Market.Jan 9, 2017

That was last year.  So... Yeah, you can actually use food stamps on Amazon.  One less excuse. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@TXsteeler, is it physically possible to gain or even maintain weight if you stop eating?  Yes or no.  I need to know if you think it's physically possible to gain or maintain weight without adding calories.

starvation mode bro, gotta eat at least 1200 calories a day or else your fat cells will start to multiply 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know what TIL means, but...

Amazon Prime Fresh is, at the moment, exclusively available to members of Amazon Prime, the company’s premium subscription which costs $99 per year and includes free two-day shipping on many products and access to Amazon’s video on demand service competitor, among other perks.

Prime Fresh costs $14.99 Prime members an additional per month. And if any individual order costs less than $40, Amazon charges a $10 delivery fee. So let’s say a SNAP user wants to order $30 worth of fruits and vegetables from Amazon Prime Fresh (currently the only way to get fresh produce from Amazon)? The comes at a $125 upfront price tag—and the SNAP program won’t cover any of those fees.

This also doesn’t allow them to purchase the “cheap vitamins” either.

Just now, iPwn said:

Prime Fresh, blah, blah, blah.

Nobody said you have to get fresh vegetables in order to be healthy.  Literally nobody.  Get a multivitamin, get healthier options than Hot Pockets and donuts.  Simple.  Quit making excuses for people. You don't need Amazon Prime or Prime Fresh to order food off of Amazon.  I just ordered a ****ton of Jerky from Amazon and I have neither.

One a day Multivitamin for men costs 13 dollars for 200 capsules.  I'm not good at math, but I think that should last you 200 days of vitamins.  Then get yourself some Lean Cuisines and eat three 400 calorie meals a day and you're on your way to being at a healthy weight. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

Just now, skywindO2 said:

starvation mode bro, gotta eat at least 1200 calories a day or else your fat cells will start to multiply 

Lol.  The sad thing is I don't even know if you're joking the way some people act.