What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

48 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Eh, I mean Ambien lists side effects that include vague things like "confusion" "anxiety" and "aggression".. Ambien users have been known to sleepwalk and engage in "sleep-sex" without realizing it.. I don't like pharamaceuticals trying to claim some kind of moral high ground here, like there's no way their drug can have crappy consequences on users' psyche.

That may be true, but this kind of behavior from Roseanne Barr isn't abnormal, especially in the past decade. It's literally who she is.

But not everyone uses twitter that way. I don't have twitter "friends" or tweet out my journal or stream of consciousness. It's essentially a news platform for me.. best way to get football news tbh and to have quick chats with like-minded fans.

Yep, this is what primarily what I use Twitter for. Great for getting breaking news if you follow AP or Reuters or your local news channels, and also great for football stuff. I follow a lot of NFL media types and I read a lot of great articles that are posted on there. It's more of just a constant stream of real-time news/information for me rather than a place where I can just blabber out every 280-character thought I have.

Forums are a better place for more in-depth, long-form conversations. Twitter has it's place as well, if you're not using it to try to garner undeserved attention.

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I only use it to contact companies to complain. Gets their attention much better than an email or attempted phone calls.

I only use it to follow the Bucs. But every once in a while something awful pops up.

47 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

unless you receive death threats regularly?

Well I’m a mod, so... I deserve them.

But not really sure how that applies to the discussion about Twitter being a place of self-absorbed people who think everyone wants to hear them. I mean sure, some people use Twitter to be awful people, but that wasn’t what was being brought up.

53 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

A good experiment is every time a woman in the sports industry makes a post, look at the top 3 comments. 2 of them are usually blatantly sexist.

I think that's kind of the internet in general tbh

Most trolls on twitter are too cowardly to show their faces, let alone their real names. It's why I don't take cries of "muh death threats!!" seriously. I wonder what % of twitter death threats are followed through with any kind of violence. 0.000000001%? It's just arseholes experiencing some kind of macabre catharsis.

Edited by cddolphin

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Well I’m a mod, so... I deserve them.

But not really sure how that applies to the discussion about Twitter being a place of self-absorbed people who think everyone wants to hear them. I mean sure, some people use Twitter to be awful people, but that wasn’t what was being brought up.

You think this forum is full with self absorbed people who think everyone wants to hear them?

I see a bunch of folk who wouldn't be out of place in a bar chewing the cud.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I think that's kind of the internet in general tbh

Most trolls on twitter are too cowardly to show their faces, let alone their real names. It's why I don't take cries of "muh death threats!!" seriously. I wonder what % of twitter death threats are followed through with any kind of violence. 0.000000001%? It's just arseholes experiencing some kind of macarbre catharsis.

I just have an issue with giving those people a platform

If I was a celebrity I would vet each death threat with an expensively assembled team of private eyes (to ensure they aren't actually capable of murder) then find their place of work and confront them.

I've seen some celebrities do that an it's absolutely priceless to see the reactions.

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

If I was a celebrity I would vet each death threat with an expensively assembled team of private eyes (to ensure they aren't actually capable of murder) then find their place of work and confront them.

I've seen some celebrities do that an it's absolutely priceless to see the reactions.

tbh you'd be wasting your time and money.. I'm sure sometimes it's very amusing to confront the pasty incel who threatened you with rape online but I mean just let that crap slide off you like water off a duck's back.

leave the social media policing to the UK government, they seem very eager to take up that mantle

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

tbh you'd be wasting your time and money.. I'm sure sometimes it's very amusing to confront the pasty incel who threatened you with rape online but I mean just let that crap slide off you like water off a duck's back.

leave the social media policing to the UK government, they seem very eager to take up that mantle

Very true, although very badly.

I don't know if you were filthy rich might be worth it for kicks.