Week 1: 49ers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Who will score the first points for the Vikings this season?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the first points for the Vikings this season?

• Latavius Murray
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Daniel Carlson
    • Adam Thielen
    • Eric Kendricks
    • Laquon Treadwell
    • Harrison Smith
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Other (Post name in thread)

I got to watch the highlight tape last night.  Defense was pretty good...very opportunistic.  Offensive line needs help, but Cousins did surprisingly well evading the pass rush..  The number one offensive concern I have after this game is the lack of red zone opportunities.  I think I saw that it was into the second half when the Vikings actually had a set of downs inside the 49'ers 20.  A lot of drives stalled around mid-field.

The amount of broken plays by the defense and big plays through the air concerned me. There were a few drives that the defense couldn't get off the field. I'm willing to chalk it up to week one, but we've got to get tighter if the defense is to be good as last year's. 

The run game was abysmal. Looked more promising with Murray, to be honest. I don't know what is to blame. Cook? The OL? 49ers defense?

Passing game was okay, seemed like Cousins ignored Diggs in the second half and Rudolph almost the entire game minus the TD. Passing game needs work but I'll take it for week one.

43 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Their FB burned us too.

he had the one big catch (was only targeted twice) and that was because gedeon lost him. i think he thought juszczyk was simply running to the flat and relaxed, then juszczyk ran the wheel and was wide open.

kittle though was seemingly open all afternoon long. 

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

PFF is just poor at evaluating o-line play? I think this would be exhibit A in that argument. 

they're not, there are just some surprising grades. pretty sure jones and remmers were credited with buckner's sacks which would bring their grades down. 

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The amount of broken plays by the defense and big plays through the air concerned me. There were a few drives that the defense couldn't get off the field. I'm willing to chalk it up to week one, but we've got to get tighter if the defense is to be good as last year's. 

While I understand we gave up more yards than people wanted and especially on chunk plays, the difference between that game and last year was the turnovers. Four turnovers forced was more than we had in any game last year. That makes up the difference when you give up a few more yards than normal.

Archived