Roster cut news

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Could be. But Cooper just hasn't looked healthy all camp and was bad in preseason. He already got his $2 million signing bonus at least. I'd guess he's not coming back. 

Yeah just throwing out a possibility but yeah he hasn't been healthy all preseason was clear he is still recovering from his knee surgery.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No surprise, he looked bad all preseason and was never good in the first place. 

So the OL will be looking like: Staley/Tomlinson/Richburg/Person/McGlinchey with Coleman/Gillam/Garnett as the back ups. Am I missing anyone? 

What a terrible deal. And his entire contract was pretty much guaranteed I think (differing reports between spotrac and otc, unsure if it guaranteed at a certain point)

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually expect Mostert AND Morris to make the team though. So I could see four RBs plus Juice Check making the team. I could not see them going with seven WRs.

I never saw any beat writer at any point during camp predict Robinson making the team. I can be wrong, but the last slot was always between James and Burbridge. 

I really see your point. I think your reasoning is sound, and I am sort of going against the beat writers. I just feel like Shanahan and Lynch have largely been on my wavelength, so going with gut instinct. 

You very well could be right, though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wouldn't mind taking a shot at him. Though he doesn't really give all that much in pass rush anymore. 

Yeah I think I'd probably lean toward kikaha, even if the injuries of sapped him off pass rushing greatness. Maybe there is still a little something there. He still grabbed 4 sacks last year in only 200 defensive snaps

20 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'd rather us make a deal for Fowler at this point. Think if we add him, and spot our pass-rush again in the first two rounds come april, we'll be pretty damn good in that department (assuming the rookie helps).

Dude has some off the field history that will make Lynch a little hesitant. 

29 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'd rather us make a deal for Fowler at this point. Think if we add him, and spot our pass-rush again in the first two rounds come april, we'll be pretty damn good in that department (assuming the rookie helps).

A little short on draft capital right now (no fifth, no seventh), he's on the last year of his deal, and I think he'd still be pricey to acquire.

Archived