Other Teams' Roster Cuts

MacReady

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I literally found out by accident watching useless replay preseason games on the NFL channel.  I heard his name called out and I literally like holy f***.

That's the best. I watch the CFL and my favorite thing is remembering guys like that. Not just Packers.. From whatever team. 

I used to win drinks (and lose) by knowing where guys went to college. For some stupid reason my mind always worked that way. I still remember the night this guy was like blown away and he was doing guys who weren't in the pros anymore and I hit almost all of them. And he goes JJ Stokes. If you know where JJ Stokes went I'll pay your tab, if not you pay mine. And I could picture him in that bruins jersey on rookie cards we had lol. Good times. Drank free that night. 

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's the best. I watch the CFL and my favorite thing is remembering guys like that. Not just Packers.. From whatever team. 

I used to win drinks (and lose) by knowing where guys went to college. For some stupid reason my mind always worked that way. I still remember the night this guy was like blown away and he was doing guys who weren't in the pros anymore and I hit almost all of them. And he goes JJ Stokes. If you know where JJ Stokes went I'll pay your tab, if not you pay mine. And I could picture him in that bruins jersey on rookie cards we had lol. Good times. Drank free that night. 

Wisconsin fans better know where JJ Stokes went to college. Last seconds of the Rose Bowl he figured mightily in the outcome. 

This was back in the days when your VCR sat under a 27 inch TV that weighed several hundred pounds and the back of it poked through a hole in the rear if the entertainment center.

Did Jared Allen really go to culinary school?

4 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Wisconsin fans better know where JJ Stokes went to college. Last seconds of the Rose Bowl he figured mightily in the outcome. 

This was back in the days when your VCR sat under a 27 inch TV that weighed several hundred pounds and the back of it poked through a hole in the rear if the entertainment center.

Did Jared Allen really go to culinary school?

No. And honestly I didn't know where he went until I googled it, it's familiar again. i still remember when he was drafted and ESPN had him listed as a LS lol. Literally, he goes in the draft and it says Jared Allen, LS, Idaho State. Good times.

Not a U dub fan, but I still don't remember that game. I was like 10 though. lol Million dollars says I was watching it though. We'd always be at my great uncles around that time and he had this den with 3 TVs, it was the greatest thing I ever saw at the time.

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

I watched JJ Stokes play against the Badgers in the Rose Bowl - crazy coincidence you mentioned his name.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol, blueswede just was saying this. Good stuff.

Just noticed that also.  I was in the end zone at that game, and all I remember was looking across the stadium and seeing 75% red across the joint. Even though we were in Cailifornia, Wisconsin showed up in droves and made the Bruins fans look like amateurs.  It was amazing - I was a proud Wisconsinite that day.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Just noticed that also.  I was in the end zone at that game, and all I remember was looking across the stadium and seeing 75% red across the joint. Even though we were in Cailifornia, Wisconsin showed up in droves and made the Bruins fans look like amateurs.  It was amazing - I was a proud Wisconsinite that day.

No ****? That's wild. Wisconsin seems to always travel well. I thought maybe you meant you were actually there but I wasn't 100%, I went to look on Wikipedia how good of a game JJ had, and I totally spaced on Bevell being there lol, jesus. I remember it now. Also, Bevell is a Mormon, who ******* knew. Wikipedia is awesome.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

No ****? That's wild. Wisconsin seems to always travel well. I thought maybe you meant you were actually there but I wasn't 100%, I went to look on Wikipedia how good of a game JJ had, and I totally spaced on Bevell being there lol, jesus. I remember it now. Also, Bevell is a Mormon, who ******* knew. Wikipedia is awesome.

LOL, that’s freakin hilarious about Bevell.  Explains his appearance, among other things.  

14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

LOL, that’s freakin hilarious about Bevell.  Explains his appearance, among other things.  

God damn, you can really see it now lol. I'm so great at ruining threads with off topic, why I'm not banned is amazing lol I got banned from another site once for going off topic in a "lounge" thread once. Literally an Off topic thread, and I got banned for derailing it with some random *** ****.

9 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Four player that I wouldn't mind looking at as of right now, Scooby Wright, Adam Bisnowaty, Mau'oli Kikaha and Kendall Reyes.

Jesus Kendall Reyes, been a while since I heard about him. I thought he started out pretty good or some ****

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

how do waivers work? does CLE get all of the guys they want to claim or is it like an ordered list where they have the 1st pick of the litter and then it cycles through the rest of the teams like a draft format? 

It's the order of the 1st round of the draft (assuming no trades happened), so Packers have the 14th spot was it? So if the Packers get a claimed player, it means no e of those 13 teams put in a claim for said player.

But being #1 CLE always get any claim they want. And they have the first pick until week 4.

Archived