Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

9 minutes ago, craig said:

Note:  not clear yet whether Murphy is still on 53, right?  That would bump the offense up to 30, right, if they want to IR him?

You can IR guys before the 53 man cut (like they have with Jake Ryan), but they can't be used for the return from IR rule.

We don't yet officially know if when they're putting Murphy on the IR, but one suggestion said it was before the 53 man cut

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I thought Byrd and Mbu were gone? Someone on page 18 was full of it. I'm good with both of them staying and Bell being one of the cuts. 

People were guessing who would be cut for a while there, with a long pause with no news.

So far, I haven't heard that Byrd and Mbu have been released... though I agree with others, if Byrd makes it, I'll be very surprised.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, if both Rollins and Murphy are going IR, that means they both count against the 53 today. 

Only if they make the initial 53, which hasn't been confirmed. 

In fact, it's been suggested that Murphy didn't make the initial 53 man roster. 

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

No, it only counts on the 53 if they want to be able to bring them back this year.  Murphy may just be gone.

Of course; but "just gone" is NOT IR?  Waived and injured, with an injury settlement, is one thing; IR is a very different thing, no?  

It may well be that references to those two being IR'd are mistaken, of course.  I hope so, at any rate.  

Just now, craig said:

Of course; but "just gone" is NOT IR?  Waived and injured, with an injury settlement, is one thing; IR is a very different thing, no?  

You can keep people on IR all year if they are placed there instead of the 53.

As I posted earlier, Silverstein is saying he may be waived injured on an injury settlement.  If not, he would be on IR all year, and never be on the 53.

I think we're down to 57 players. (Unless they want to keep Murphy and Rollins on the 53 to IR them and then bring them back. Also Aaron Jones is on the suspension list.

Offense (29)
QB (3) Rodgers Kizer Boyle
RB (3) Williams Montgomery Daniels
FB (1) Kerridge
TE (5) Graham Kendricks Lewis Tonyan Byrd
WR (8) Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, Moore, MVS, EQ, Davis
OT (5) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Bell, Light
OG (2) Taylor, McCray
OC (2) Linsley Patrick

Defense (26)
DT (4) Daniels, Clark, Adams, Mbu
DE (2) Wilkerson Lowry
OLB (4) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell
ILB (4) Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Crawford
CB (6) Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Waters
SS (2) Brice Jones
FS (3) Clinton-Dix Whitehead Greene

ST (3)
K Crosby, P Scott, LS Bradley

Assuming Greene, Light, Davis and Crawford all legitimately made the team. 

Final cuts have to be from... 

Bradley, Byrd, Kerridge, Whitehead, Waters, Mbu, Daniels

Is there anyone else that could be realistically cut? 

(Italicized are my 4 guesses).

Thanks for clarification on the IR business.  That makes lots more sense that you can IR somebody when he gets injured (Ryan), without needing to burn a 53-spot today.  Good.

Man, sounds like another great day in Green Bay for UDFA.  Boyle; Kumerow; Light; Thus-Quoth-the-Raven; Tonyan; Crawford those all seem like confirmed locks. 

Between Mbu, the report that Byrd has made it, Daniels, Kerridge, Waters, there's going to be another handful.

Obviously McCray at RG, starting. 

The UDFA train rolls on.  

Archived