Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Fun fact: I was at Titans/Dolphins last year and had to sit through an entire game of Matt Cassel. It was not enjoyable.

There's a chance I pretty this thread up. There's a far greater chance that I don't.

Discuss.

Fun fact last year I hit the point spread right on the nose in that game ?

You know I was gonna talk Titans Dolphins but I’ll wait till later in the week

I’m like a little kid at Christmas I love opening week even though the last 2 opening days didn’t go our way.

With that said the last time we won an opening day was on the road in the state of Florida and I think that happens again. 

Honestly I think the Titans win easy. There’s a chance Parker misses this game for the Dolphins so Amendola won’t be hard to shut down. 

I just happened to catch a tweet from Cameron Wolf who now covers the Dolphins and he was tweeting in game a few weeks ago and he said the Dolphins run defense has been awful all camp long so I think that plays into Henry Lewis and Mariota’s favor.

Titans ran a very vanilla offense this preseason and I think we have yet to really see what this offense will be with Matthews Walker Davis all on the field together. The only 1 thing on offense that we did that we will definitely see a lot of this year is the screen game.

Of there is one worrry about this game I’ll admit that the OLB situation could be a issue at times during the game. Titans should still win with Morgan and Landry out but Correa knows this defense he should be able to fill in fine. Finch has had a whole camp in the defense. I think we have enough to get by atleast against Miami.

I just don’t see Tannehill carrying this team on his back. Dolphins don’t have many weapons the Titans secondary should have a good day I think the Titans win comfortably 

I'm not banking on anything, could easily see us losing this game. We probably should win, but I think Tannehill's a better quarterback than given credit for. We really need to be sitting at 2-2 after the first four, so this is a big win since winning two of three against Houston, Jacksonville and Philly may be a tough ask.

Here's to a good game everyone. It's probably going to be a defensive grind like the last 2 years we played. The Titans should win if Miami's run defense is as bad as they've looked in the Preseason. It's hard to say because they've given up big plays more than just being consistently ran over. Other times they shut teams down for a few drives. It's inconsistent more than anything. Miami's offense is better than people think (if they stop committing penalties), but I know the Titans have a good defense. I'm just expecting a total slugfest. It seems like it could go either way. The Titans don't scare me, but the Dolphins don't scare anyone either. This game may have wildcard implications in terms of tiebreakers. Being a home game helps. It's week 1. It will be sloppy.

If you have any questions let me know.

9 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Here's to a good game everyone. It's probably going to be a defensive grind like the last 2 years we played. The Titans should win if Miami's run defense is as bad as they've looked in the Preseason. It's hard to say because they've given up big plays more than just being consistently ran over. Other times they shut teams down for a few drives. It's inconsistent more than anything. Miami's offense is better than people think (if they stop committing penalties), but I know the Titans have a good defense. I'm just expecting a total slugfest. It seems like it could go either way. The Titans don't scare me, but the Dolphins don't scare anyone either. This game may have wildcard implications in terms of tiebreakers. Being a home game helps. It's week 1. It will be sloppy.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thoughts on your oline and what your expecting out of Drake, not only for this game but for the year 

16 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Thoughts on your oline and what your expecting out of Drake, not only for this game but for the year 

I think the starting O-line will be at worst solid. I feel better about it than I have in years. Miami has two good tackles, a decent center, and solid guards. Hopefully Tunsil starts to show that elite potential because he was disappointing last year. They also have pretty solid depth, but the back-ups were a bit shaky in the Preseason. Tannehill had a lot of time in the Preseason and they ran the ball pretty well. They ran the ball well with the back-ups, but the QBs were getting hit a lot.

Drake is a total play maker. He should have a great year. The offense will go through him first. They will run the ball and use him in the passing game a lot. They like to throw deep to him. Gore will compliment him in short down situations. He should have a 1,000 yard season, but IDK how many TDs he'll have because Miami likes kicking FGs instead of getting TDs. Drake was awesome in the starting role last year after we traded Ajayi and that was with a terrible O-line. 

Yea I’m not as confident as everyone else seems to be. Walker and Rishard haven’t really played in the new offense at all. I don’t expect the offense to be very good this early in the season. I was hoping the defense could lead us to a couple wins early on but I don’t even have the confidence in that happening especially with the injuries to Morgan and Landry. Also who knows if Evans plays. I could very well see them losing especially in Miami.

Titans are favored by 1 to 1.5 by every odds maker I can find, for whatever that's worth. If you take in to account the whole "home team gets 3" thing(if that actually exists), vegas seems to think of us as a 4 to 4.5 point favorite over Miami on a neutral field.

Got no real idea what to expect myself.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea I’m not as confident as everyone else seems to be. Walker and Rishard haven’t really played in the new offense at all. I don’t expect the offense to be very good this early in the season. I was hoping the defense could lead us to a couple wins early on but I don’t even have the confidence in that happening especially with the injuries to Morgan and Landry. Also who knows if Evans plays. I could very well see them losing especially in Miami.

Walker doesn't need many reps. Wouldn't worry much about him. Matthews might be a bit more of a worry, but I think Taywan is more ready to step in than people are giving him credit for anyways. The linebacker injuries worry me more. I just think our running game should be able to dictate this game. 

Archived