Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Eh Gesicki was going to be the guy regardless. Gray might’ve been starter by title but I expected to see a lot of Gesicki a lot regardless.

Yes and No. Gray was the most experienced TE on the roster, and has been on the team by far the longest. They still have AJ Derby, who joined the team halfway through last season, along with both rookies and Escobar (who was with the team all offseason and preseason).

Gray, being a former QB (Gase's infatuation, there are like 7 of those on the roster) was probably going to be good across all kinds of formations and play 30-40 snaps per game.

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Sorry Miami fans your only hope just disintegrated 

Damn, you might as well not watch the game then.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Yes and No. Gray was the most experienced TE on the roster, and has been on the team by far the longest. They still have AJ Derby, who joined the team halfway through last season, along with both rookies and Escobar (who was with the team all offseason and preseason).

Gray, being a former QB (Gase's infatuation, there are like 7 of those on the roster) was probably going to be good across all kinds of formations and play 30-40 snaps per game.

Damn, you might as well not watch the game then.

You can watch just let us know when you shut the game off ?

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can see Tannehill come out and throw for 300 yards. 
Then...

On the flip side, I can see him throwing for 58 yards and 2 INTs.  

Anything can happen it’s the NFL and I’m not saying the Titans are sure fire bets to win any game because it truely is any given Sunday but some of the things people are worried about I don’t quite understand. 

Some people are worried because of philosophies from our coaches in the past. Some are worried just because it’s been a way of living as a Titans fan for many years.

The Titans do have 4 NFL caliber CB’s do they not? Do they have 2 NFL caliber Safety’s?

Its just hard to imagine Tannehill going off and carrying this team on his shoulders with no weapons. 

Its the NFL if you truely gameplan to take a guy out of any given game it can be done. I just don’t see the Titans allowing Stills to run deep all day and torch us for long TDs. I’m sure the Titans gave him double covered most of the day to take away that big play threat.

The last 2 Dolphin teams the Titans faced where better than this Dolphin team IMO.

Again not saying the Dolphins can’t win I just don’t think they will. 

I’ve been critical of the Titans pass rush more than anyone in this forum I believe so there’s a slim chance Tannehill has time to throw but I think the Titans find a way on Sunday to make it tough on him.

Offensivley no one knows what to expect. We don’t know the Dolphins don’t know even to a degree the Titans coaches don’t know. I’m sure the coaches are confident the players are confident but the Titans have to actually go out there and make plays.

I just think the 3 headed monster if you count Mariotas legs will be tough to overcome. I don’t think the Titans go Madden and light the Dolphins up for 45 points but I can see if the Titans jump out to a 2 score lead that the Titans have the ability to control clock with Henry Lewis and Mariota 

Im ready for Sunday I’m tired of trying to guess what this offense looks like and tired of playing the injury game. I’m ready to see what we can do. 

For all the doom and gloom around here at times we still are coming off of back to back 9-7 seasons and last year we actually managed to make the playoffs and win a game. Mariota is a great kid he doesn’t seem like a guy who’s content on going 1 win an out. Titans may not go 14-2 but I’m sure they will be in the discussion come playoff time and it starts Sunday with taking care of a team the Titans need to take care off 

21 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anything can happen it’s the NFL and I’m not saying the Titans are sure fire bets to win any game because it truely is any given Sunday but some of the things people are worried about I don’t quite understand. 

Some people are worried because of philosophies from our coaches in the past. Some are worried just because it’s been a way of living as a Titans fan for many years.

The Titans do have 4 NFL caliber CB’s do they not? Do they have 2 NFL caliber Safety’s?

Its just hard to imagine Tannehill going off and carrying this team on his shoulders with no weapons. 

Its the NFL if you truely gameplan to take a guy out of any given game it can be done. I just don’t see the Titans allowing Stills to run deep all day and torch us for long TDs. I’m sure the Titans gave him double covered most of the day to take away that big play threat.

The last 2 Dolphin teams the Titans faced where better than this Dolphin team IMO.

Again not saying the Dolphins can’t win I just don’t think they will. 

I’ve been critical of the Titans pass rush more than anyone in this forum I believe so there’s a slim chance Tannehill has time to throw but I think the Titans find a way on Sunday to make it tough on him.

Offensivley no one knows what to expect. We don’t know the Dolphins don’t know even to a degree the Titans coaches don’t know. I’m sure the coaches are confident the players are confident but the Titans have to actually go out there and make plays.

I just think the 3 headed monster if you count Mariotas legs will be tough to overcome. I don’t think the Titans go Madden and light the Dolphins up for 45 points but I can see if the Titans jump out to a 2 score lead that the Titans have the ability to control clock with Henry Lewis and Mariota 

Im ready for Sunday I’m tired of trying to guess what this offense looks like and tired of playing the injury game. I’m ready to see what we can do. 

For all the doom and gloom around here at times we still are coming off of back to back 9-7 seasons and last year we actually managed to make the playoffs and win a game. Mariota is a great kid he doesn’t seem like a guy who’s content on going 1 win an out. Titans may not go 14-2 but I’m sure they will be in the discussion come playoff time and it starts Sunday with taking care of a team the Titans need to take care off 

Your confidence is insane. I feel like you must also be an Alabama, Yankees and Warriors fans if the Titans haven't broken you more than this.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Your confidence is insane. I feel like you must also be an Alabama, Yankees and Warriors fans if the Titans haven't broken you more than this.

Red Sox Celtics Bruins fan

Miami just isn’t a good team. Trust me I’m Week to week even if the Titans win 34-3 and look like the best team in the NFL I will almost certainly pick Houston next week 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I've been here too long.  My confidence isn't as strong as it used to be...lol

Deep down, I'm really expecting us to see a level of Titans football we have never seen (for the better). A playcaller with a sense of mind, how to use the players we have and how to attack a team.

Archived