Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Red Sox Celtics Bruins fan

Miami just isn’t a good team. Trust me I’m Week to week even if the Titans win 34-3 and look like the best team in the NFL I will almost certainly pick Houston next week 

So yes, sports haven't made you truly suffer the way I have. Titans, Brewers, Bucks. Combined two playoff wins/series win in the last 15 years. Zero championships in my lifetime. It's difficult to muster actual optimism.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

So yes, sports haven't made you truly suffer the way I have. Titans, Brewers, Bucks. Combined two playoff wins/series win in the last 15 years. Zero championships in my lifetime. It's difficult to muster actual optimism.

Eh I really havnt suffered that bad. 3 World Series 1 NBA Championship with 2 Finals Appearances and 1 Stanley Cup with 2 Cup appearances I’m doing ok. 

The hard part is the 5 SB wins in 8 tries. I’m sick of hearing Titans suck. I’m sick of no matter who the Pats play Pats fans are excited and confident even if they lose. 

Pats can go into Indy Denver Pittsburgh Baltimore London doesn’t matter the Pats show up and play well. Titans are playing the Dolphins Sunday and some people sound like Droopy

Those were some of my favorite memories of the 02 03 Titans. Once the Titans got healthy Steelers came to town Titans won big NE comes to town Titans won comfortably swept Peyton. 03 Go play in Pittsburgh no problem. Undefeated Panthers team no problem we’ll run a play with Eddie Berlin on a fake punt no biggie. McNair goes down in ATL Titans trailing Big no problem Volek to the rescue. Volek starts again a few weeks later no problem Titans win he gets an appendectomy and then just to really embarrass the league they call Neil O’Donell off the couch to come in an help win a game agasint the Bucs.

I obviously want to win it all so I’m not settling to just be in the conversation every year but I want to get back to that stretch where we were respectable where we had a true home field and can play with any team in the league no matter the place. The only difference is I finally want these guys to break through and win 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. You haven't been broken by sports the way some of us have haha.

My bad I completely misread the beginning but ya it’s tough being a Brewers and Bucs fan. 

Brewers have had some likable teams throughout the years I’ve always rooted for the Brewers If they were in it and the Sox lost. Brewers definitely won the Travis Shaw trade. They have a great team this year hopefully they can come out the NL

Bucs is going to be real tough. These super teams ruined the NBA. I know you could point to the Celtics making one but they didn’t do it the way these guys have done it now. Pierce was almost traded the Cs missed out on top picks and the Cs took a chance on Allen coming off an injury. Granted McHale really gave KG away for nothing but Cs has to make trades for those guys what Lebron Wade Bosh Durant did was awful. Gannis is a great player but it’s going to be tough to get guys to want to go play in Milwaukee 

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

My bad I completely misread the beginning but ya it’s tough being a Brewers and Bucs fan. 

Brewers have had some likable teams throughout the years I’ve always rooted for the Brewers If they were in it and the Sox lost. Brewers definitely won the Travis Shaw trade. They have a great team this year hopefully they can come out the NL

Bucs is going to be real tough. These super teams ruined the NBA. I know you could point to the Celtics making one but they didn’t do it the way these guys have done it now. Pierce was almost traded the Cs missed out on top picks and the Cs took a chance on Allen coming off an injury. Granted McHale really gave KG away for nothing but Cs has to make trades for those guys what Lebron Wade Bosh Durant did was awful. Gannis is a great player but it’s going to be tough to get guys to want to go play in Milwaukee 

Honestly, it's probably the best time to be a sports fan at least since the late 90s/early 00s (and I was too young to appreciate it at that point). Titans should be competent, Brewers are solid and at least Giannis makes the Bucks watchable. But I just sit back and wait for disaster to strike.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, it's probably the best time to be a sports fan at least since the late 90s/early 00s (and I was too young to appreciate it at that point). Titans should be competent, Brewers are solid and at least Giannis makes the Bucks watchable. But I just sit back and wait for disaster to strike.

Hey you never know Brewers could break through this year the NL is loaded though definitely going to be some great playoff baseball on that end.

I have bad news folks. I had a dream last night. And in this dream, I saw the Titans lose 13-14. And there was chaos in Titania, and overreactions, and overreactions to overreactions. A few "I told you so!" statements and I'm pretty sure @titans0021 killed a man with a trident.

So I'm going to mentally prepare myself for Ragnarok.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I have bad news folks. I had a dream last night. And in this dream, I saw the Titans lose 13-14. And there was chaos in Titania, and overreactions, and overreactions to overreactions. A few "I told you so!" statements and I'm pretty sure @titans0021 killed a man with a trident.

So I'm going to mentally prepare myself for Ragnarok.

Were there horses and a man on fire, too?

Archived