Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Dude, fighters say this all the time. Daniel Cormier was literally knocked out on the canvas and didn’t get up for several seconds and he told Dana that the ref shouldn’t have stopped the fight.

as for speaking coherently, again, after getting knocked out and laying on the canvas, this is DC talking completely coherently:

That's not fair. DC didn't remember what happened to him because he got knocked out. That's a little different than Conor saying 2 seconds after the fight was over that he was tired.

2 minutes ago, Iggles said:

You realize half his face was swollen and he was about to hit the mat from getting hit in the face, right? They stopped the fight because he was so out of it he couldn't defend himself. I watched after the fight, but I also watched the fight, including the round where McGregor was dead on his feet and getting hit in the head repeatedly.

If you think they shouldn't have called the fight and should have let Mayweather do more damage, say that, but I think it was crystal clear they needed to end it.

No they needed to end it. But I thing it was 100% due to fatigue. If they gave a 5 minute break, Connor would have been 100%. And although thats a hypothetical, it goes back to the point that was made. He wasnt hurt, he was out of breath.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, I mean, I did it. I fought golden gloves. Have you? 

The point is that boxing was built up as sanction fighting, but its not. If those two fought on the street tomorrow Conner would murder him. But whatever, im done. just sharing my 2 cents.

It's a sport that evolved from fist fighting.

It may not be real "fighting", but it still an extremely awesome thing to watch when it is does well considering the skill level it takes.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This fight was in a way Judah-esque. Floyd had to adjust with the high guard and had to start walking Conor down like he did to Judah. He should have done this from the opening bell though. Conor is too awkward to time for someone seeing him for the first time in a ring.

In terms of Floyd's most exciting fights, JLC/Maidana/Cotto/Augustus/Chavez/NDou/Corley were more exciting fights.

Sure. Judah had that fight won before the low blows and melee that followed tho, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, I mean, I did it. I fought golden gloves. Have you? 

The point is that boxing was built up as sanction fighting, but its not. If those two fought on the street tomorrow Conner would murder him. But whatever, im done. just sharing my 2 cents.

It's a sport with rules. That's how it goes. 

Okay, so for arguments sake lets say the fight did continue a little longer. What exactly did you expect to happen? Floyd is known to always come on late, and McGregor's tank was on empty. Did you expect him to land some miraculous punch and hurt Floyd? Come on, he was done and it was going to end badly for him. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

That's not fair. DC didn't remember what happened to him because he got knocked out. That's a little different than Conor saying 2 seconds after the fight was over that he was tired.

When the argument is that Conor was speaking in full sentences, so he wasn’t hurt, it’s absolutely fair to bring up someone who was knocked out, didn’t even know what happened, and was still able to be completely coherent.

Coherency has nothing to do with whether or not he was hurt. Nor does the fact that he says he wasn’t.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No they needed to end it. But I thing it was 100% due to fatigue. If they gave a 5 minute break, Connor would have been 100%. And although thats a hypothetical, it goes back to the point that was made. He wasnt hurt, he was out of breath.

Nonsense. He was gassed, but we was also getting hit in the face repeatedly. That facial swelling didn't come from lack of sleep.

This was a spectacle of a boxing match. It was built to make money and it did. But you're really not going to convince anyone that Conor was just tired by the end.

Ahh yes, @Matts4313. I completely agree.

When you're in a ring with Floyd Mayweather, the appropriate response when you're just tired and absolutely not hurt and in danger is to not throw a punch for over a minute, not hold your hands up at all, literally lean against the ropes and stumble from one side of the ring to another, and just leave your face there to get lit up. 

You're spot on here. He was just tired. It was there for McGregor if it wasn't for that ref. He just needed the break...

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

Sure. Judah had that fight won before the low blows and melee that followed tho, IMO.

No way. Judah like McGregor had early success and I'd say he won three of the first four rounds, but after that he started taking a beating. Those low blows actually saved him from being stopped IMO.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so for arguments sake lets say the fight did continue a little longer. What exactly did you expect to happen? Floyd is known to always come on late, and McGregor's tank was on empty. Did you expect him to land some miraculous punch and hurt Floyd? Come on, he was done and it was going to end badly for him. 

Exactly. The refs pay attention to body language. Conor was getting pounded the round before too. 

Archived