Week 1: MNF Jets @ Lions

Nnivolcm

Just now, diehardlionfan said:

This team is bad at all phases of football tonight.

I don’t know what system they’re playing but it doesn’t work.

We tried this with Marinelli. We jettisoned talented players and brought in scrubs that fit the system. That didn't turn out so well.

Now we didn't start with talented players on the front 7 but we jettisoned what we had anyways and brought in scrubbier scrubs.

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

We tried this with Marinelli. We jettisoned talented players and brought in scrubs that fit the system. That didn't turn out so well.

Now we didn't start with talented players on the front 7 but we jettisoned what we had anyways and brought in scrubbier scrubs.

I’m so over system players. 

This game has become ridiculous.

I am really tired of being pessimistic. That's the natural state of a Detroit Lions fan, though. Quinn has not drafted well and the lack of talent on the roster is showing that. Sticking with Caldwell when Quinn was hired was a mistake (the Ford's, not Quinn's), but hiring Patricia was a bigger mistake. Cronyism. Favoritism. Hubris. Whatever you want to call it. Guys that leave successful organizations and then only hire and sign guys from the former team never work out. The Lions cannot be the Patriots. There is only one Belichick, one Brady. Signing/hiring their cast offs is not how going to work. This is a different kind of failure than the typical one the Lions are accustomed to. I know we're stuck with both of these guys for another 2-3 years minimum, but it'll probably be much longer with the incompetence masquerading as loyalty shown by the Ford's. Same. Old. Lions.

Archived