Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, NYRaider said:

Overall the ending was crap and the series was crap once GRRM's source material ran out. That's just the facts and if you think otherwise you're just a fan of crap fantasy with no logic or meaning.

Image result for laugh gif

Well all else fails, make your opinion a blanket statement and insult everyone who doesn't agree with you. 

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

He was so loyal to Dany that he let the person that F'd her most of all live, elect a new King, and become the hand of that King, great job GW.

Don't forget that he immediately leaves Westeros, too. For all he knows they could've up and made Jon the new King 5 minutes after he left.

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah he did, in S7. Sam only confirmed it AFTER reading the diary which lined up with Bran's vision.

This has nothing to do with what you just said though. Bran never told anyone that Dany was going to go mad, nor convinced Jon to betray Dany.

Also, Dany also had the vision of her at the Iron Throne.

Basically either Bran foresaw all of this and chose to do nothing because he's so power-hungry he wanted to be king, or he foresaw all of this and did nothing because he's actually a useless character that was inserted on the throne in a rushed storyline to fulfill GRRM's ending.

Yes, I think we all saw the major plotholes attempting (poorly) to be explained. Doesn't mean they're any less awful. He's supposed to be a 3rd party, completely neutral and staying out of the lives of humans, but "Oh sure I guess it's for the best that I rule" now? lmfao.

Bran didn’t need to tell anyone that Dany would go mad because he just needed someone to kill Dany prior to her rampaging across the world. 

Jon wasn’t going to kill Dany if Bran just said she was going to go crazy. Jon needed to see it. Even after he saw it, he needed to give her a chance and confirm his worst fears 

Dany’s jealousy of Jon and her initial betrayal by Varys to get her there at a time where Jon could know it early enough. After that, where is she going next? Probably the North not to long after 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's poor writing. Grey Worm has been ruthless yet allows the war prisoner to determine the new system to elect a king? Okie dokie. 

Or Grey Worm knows that what Tyrion said is true and it wasn't his place and to go against that meant the death of he and every unsullied left....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Is this even a thing among overall criticism levied? Consensus seems to be placed at faulty execution.

Unfortunately it is. I'm also fine with that criticism (and agree with it for the most part). It's when people start making up things because they didn't like the way things went that annoys me. 

Just now, JonStark said:

As opposed to the future where Dany continues to roll throughout the rest of the world? Sure. We're playing the reach game here so why not?

Yara and Dorne have already stated that they sided with Dany. Do you really think that they, along with the Unsullied and Dothraki, would just let Jon be king? Come on man, you pull out all the ridiculous scenarios but can't see how THAT would play out? Even if Jon's side wins, there are tons more lives lost than if Bran takes the spot, which is what everyone wanted at this point. 

Why couldn't he have told Jon or Ayra to kill her sooner? As soon as they won the battle against the White Walkers? Millions of innocent people would've been sparred in KL and the North could've just done their own thing... 

The Dothraki wouldn't listen to Grey Worm, they followed Dany. And the Unsullied had like 1,000-1,500 men left that would've been smoked by the armies of Westeros in no time. Not to mention 95% of Yara's men just died during the battle following Euron, she had like 5 ships of men, they'd also get smoked. Is Dorne so loyal to Dany that they'd be willing to go to war with the rest of Westeros so that Jon doesn't rule? Doubtful.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

So why didn't Grey Worm just take control and declare himself king immediately after find out Dany was dead? He clearly had enough control to imprison Jon. None of the remaining armies could really compete with the combined forces of the Unsullied and the Dothraki in open combat. If GW was so loyal to Dany and her cause, why not see it through?

Northmen loyal to Jon were part of Dany’d army and the minute Jon was arrested a war was going to break out if something happened. Which Sansa confirmed when she got there 

Just now, lancerman said:

Bran didn’t need to tell anyone that Dany would go mad because he just needed someone to kill Dany prior to her rampaging across the world. 

Which again plays into the whole "Bran wanted to be king so he set all these parts in motion purposefully in order to place himself there" bull crap.

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

So why didn't Grey Worm just take control and declare himself king immediately after find out Dany was dead? He clearly had enough control to imprison Jon. None of the remaining armies could really compete with the combined forces of the Unsullied and the Dothraki in open combat. If GW was so loyal to Dany and her cause, why not see it through?

Why not? The majority of the Dothraki were already wiped out from the Battle of Winterfell and they were only loyal to Dany. The unsullied only had about 1,000-1,500 men left and would get murked up by the North and all of their allies. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Why couldn't he have told Jon or Ayra to kill her sooner? As soon as they won the battle against the White Walkers? Millions of innocent people would've been sparred in KL and the North could've just done their own thing... 

The Dothraki wouldn't listen to Grey Worm, they followed Dany. And the Unsullied had like 1,000-1,500 men left that would've been smoked by the armies of Westeros in no time. Not to mention 95% of Yara's men just died during the battle following Euron, she had like 5 ships of men, they'd also get smoked. Is Dorne so loyal to Dany that they'd be willing to go to war with the rest of Westeros so that Jon doesn't rule? Doubtful.

Jon being King would've led to countless more deaths. If you can't see that then there's no point in going on. 

And why not kill her sooner? I can't answer that, but I do know Bran has never once TOLD anyone to do anything. He's always said they were right where they needed to be. It would actually be out of character for him to all of a sudden start pulling the strings. 

Just now, JonStark said:

Jon being King would've led to countless more deaths. If you can't see that then there's no point in going on. 

And why not kill her sooner? I can't answer that, but I do know Bran has never once TOLD anyone to do anything. He's always said they were right where they needed to be. It would actually be out of character for him to all of a sudden start pulling the strings. 

But the people were definitely more loyal to Jon than anyone else and he was the true heir to the throne. But I guess Tyrian the war prisoner and Grey Worm with 1,000 soldiers in a foreign land are the two most important opinions when deciding the new political set-up of Westeros, makes perfect sense.

He hasn't told anyone to do anything? Except tell Sam it was time to reveal Jon's true parentage which ultimately led to Dany slaughtering millions of innocent people and gave him a clear path to the throne. 

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'll bite.

Why?