Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I'm being lenient on the Winterfell thing because it looked like the show simply just had nothing left for Littlefinger as a character. Got bigger storylines and the show wrapping up so they tried to come up with something and it didn't really work but whatever. It was a side story this season amongst the bigger ones so I can't gripe on it too much. It certainly isn't as bad as the Braavos storyline of Arya vs the Waif or any of the awful stuff they did in Dorne lol

I'm wondering how they pace next season. The NK and his army are now south of the wall and can get to winterfell pretty quickly. That confrontation has to come pretty early. There's too much that we don't know about them for them to be dealt with quickly. 

Tyrion is not turning bad guy.  I got a completely different read from that than anybody else.  There's been no hint of him thinking about Daenerys that way, and other than jealousy there's nothing there.  He likes Jon, he likes Daenerys, that scene was basically just meant for people to know he was aware. 

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

I'm wondering how they pace next season. The NK and his army are now south of the wall and can get to winterfell pretty quickly. That confrontation has to come pretty early. There's too much that we don't know about them for them to be dealt with quickly. 

I'm curious about the NK / Cersei split. Which story do they wrap up first? As you say, the NK is south of the wall...that means that threat absolutely has to be the priority...but it weirdly seems anti climatic to wrap that up and then have to come back and deal with Cersei. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Tyrion is not turning bad guy.  I got a completely different read from that than anybody else.  There's been no hint of him thinking about Daenerys that way, and other than jealousy there's nothing there.  He likes Jon, he likes Daenerys, that scene was basically just meant for people to know he was aware. 

he looked conflicted about something tbh and we still don't know what he and Cersei talked about.

I honestly thought Tyrion was worried about how these two consummating their relationship will affect their actions moving forward.  Both Dany and Jon are still fairly young and Tyrion knows as well as anyone that love can make people act irrational.  I think hes worried that their love could affect their politics or even squeeze him out of the picture.  Jealous maybe that Jon's thoughts and opinions will outrank his to Daenerys more so than he has romantic feelings for her.

So...if Euron says he was going to the Iron Islands, but is going to Essos, and Theon has decided to make a rescue attempt of his sister, it makes sense that he's going to the iron islands because that's where everyone thinks Euron is. So does Theon land on Pyke, look around, and just be like, "WTH?"

And this season has been pretty epic... though I do have small complaints about GOT finally giving in to plot armor, common tropes, and fanservice against what made it special in the first place. Still, hard to complain when it's so epic though lol.

They had to start wrapping it up at some point and hard to wrap it up if you keep killing off all the main characters and letting the bad guys win I guess.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So...if Euron says he was going to the Iron Islands, but is going to Essos, and Theon has decided to make a rescue attempt of his sister, it makes sense that he's going to the iron islands because that's where everyone thinks Euron is. So does Theon land on Pyke, look around, and just be like, "WTH?"

No idea but I'm sure they'll have a rational explanation as to what happens next

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well wouldn't it be too late to worry about him if he is already missing and you are at kings landing for a meeting?

Then if the truce didn't happen then tactically Dany could have just turned around and burnt all his ships so it was one less thing to worry about. This way, he's out of sight out of mind no matter what happened.. plus Cersei just likes being theatrical I guess