Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Has it ever been explained how in the world Theon and Sansa didn't even get injured after they jumped from Winterfell?

In the books the snow was pretty high I think.

I'm pretty sure Martin mentions that the snow in the north can get incredibly deep.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I mean I guess we're supposed to believe they jumped into an incredibly deep pile of snow, somehow managed to claw(?) their way out, then the rest of the North is like maybe ankle-high snow? Meh, I'm just gonna chalk it up to plot armor.

It doesn't work that way. Snow up in Canada can get incredibly deep and people walk on it all the time. Hell in Iowa I know I've walked on snow that was over 6 feet deep.

On top of that, they were in a Winter Storm in a land that probably winter 9 months out of the year for all we know. George Martin described the North as being more like Alaska then anything. So with that much snow being piled up against walls that high you could assumed that an incredible amount of snow built up near the edge of it. Enough for them to jump off of. Although I do agree with your "managed to claw their way out" that one is a bit of a head scratcher.  But is managable, though I'm not sure in the amount of time they needed to escape.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Cersei could see what everybody at Winterfell sees, do you think she’d have a change of heart or just keep being an idiot?

Why is she being an idiot? She has 100k evil enemy invaders from north of the wall, and 100k evil enemy invaders from Essos.

Her best chance when both of them are sporting dragons is to let them take each other out.

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why is she being an idiot? She has 100k evil enemy invaders from north of the wall, and 100k evil enemy invaders from Essos.

Her best chance when both of them are sporting dragons is to let them take each other out.

Problem is that if one of those sides wins, she's going to die for sure. If the other side wins, she may not die.

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Problem is that if one of those sides wins, she's going to die for sure. If the other side wins, she may not die.

Seems the same odds to me either way. When if she wins, she lives and rules. She has to like her odds if Danys forces get hammered in a victory.

I think she figures if dragons and 100k dothraki/unsullied plus the North/Vale/Freefolk cant get the job done. Theyre all dead anyway.

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Seems the same odds to me either way. When if she wins, she lives and rules. She has to like her odds if Danys forces get hammered in a victory.

I think she figures if dragons and 100k dothraki/unsullied plus the North/Vale/Freefolk cant get the job done. Theyre all dead anyway.

Nothing says she can't help them AND THEN backstab them afterwards. Not helping at all only lowers her chances of survival.