Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Yes, Theon was one of the best character arcs in TV history, and then he goes out in the most predictable, boring way possible. Yuck.

Would it have been more boring/predictable if he was injured, then threw himself in front of the NK as he swung his sword to "save" Bran? Y/N?

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I would have rather seen him stay and die at Bran's side rather than charging in to die.

I'm just having a hard time imagining an unpredictable death for a character that everyone knew was going to die.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

The Jorah last stand was happening at the same time.  Could be why they went a little different route.

I guess I don't see why they both couldn't have been handled the same, oh well.

I absolutely loved the way they framed that shot of Theon with his spear surrounded by the bodies with Bran just sitting there. Looked fantastic. In some regards, this ending is probably better than Theon deserved but I loved his arc. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Considering the ending wasn’t what people were exactly expecting, I expect Winds of Winter to not just outsell any book of all time but double the sales of any book of all time. Even Harry Potter. 

The Detox of fantasy novels. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Yes, Theon was one of the best character arcs in TV history, and then he goes out in the most predictable, boring way possible. Yuck.

So, going in the opposite direction, I have to say that (ending aside) I was psyched to see an episode where Arya showed an emotion that wasn't "I want to kill all the time."  Even if it was just fear, it was nice for her not to be so damn one dimensional again.  Especially since the character in the books has a damn good arc herself.

Alfie Allen and the dude who plays Sam have both killed it this season.

• Like 2

Just now, DreamKid said:

I was trying to remember what Arya's little maneuver reminded me of, I'm sure I've seen it a couple times having digested so many combat animes, movies, tv shows etc, but this instance stuck out. Very similar scene in Smallville.

She also does it while sparring with Brienne in S7.

37 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I also hope they go into more detail on how Arya got that close to the NK without anyone noticing. It seemed pretty obvious that Arya would be the one to kill the NK, but I assumed it would be more interesting than that.

I can’t believe ppl are getting so hung up on this. Winterfell is her home. She knows every inch of the castle and grounds.  She knew where Brann was and would know the quickest way to that exact location. She would know which trees in the area could provide the most cover in her approach. 

I mean seriously anyone who spent any time playing outside in their backyard as a kid could replicate that part.  Add all her skills and expertise in stealth to the mix and this is hardly worth a 2nd mention.  It’s certainly not a plot hole as others have suggested.  We know she’s capable of it.  We shouldn’t need our hands held. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, let's take a moment to appreciate how much stamina Brienne, Gendry, Tormund and Jaime all have for standing up on the wall for a good 30 minutes slashing away at endless zombies coming at you. 

I like how you don't mention Pod because no one questions his stamina. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I can’t believe ppl are getting so hung up on this. Winterfell is her home. She knows every inch of the castle and grounds.  She knew where Brann was and would know the quickest way to that exact location. She would know which trees in the area could provide the most cover in her approach. 

I mean seriously anyone who spent any time playing outside in their backyard as a kid could replicate that part.  Add all her skills and expertise in stealth to the mix and this is hardly worth a 2nd mention.  It’s certainly not a plot hole as others have suggested.  We know she’s capable of it.  We shouldn’t need our hands held. 

Some people just complain to complain. I thought the show adequately displayed how friggin' stealthy she was in the Library scene, but apparently it seems that some people just fast forwarded through that?

• Like 2

Just now, skywindO2 said:

I like how you don't mention Pod because no one questions his stamina. 

I was going to say the same thing, but then I remembered Tyrion saying "Well, that didn't take long". So he must gifted of skill, not exactly stamina.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, let's take a moment to appreciate how much stamina Brienne, Gendry, Tormund and Jaime all have for standing up on the wall for a good 30 minutes slashing away at endless zombies coming at you. 

Shows how much smarter Sam is than everyone. He laid down half the battle fighting. Conserving his strength.