Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Youre digging deeper past face value. And I dont think its there. When they decided it was Arya they just dug up the old line to make it work in that situation because it was there to use.

I agree 100% the line was there in the past and it worked in this situation.

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I agree 100% the line was there in the past and it worked in this situation.

Not to mention all the WW and their wights have the blue eyes.  Arya closed about 50 sets of blue eyes before she got to the Night King.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That would great tbh, otherwise you'd get nobody in King's Landing with representation while House Umber and some random rural farmers get 27 electoral votes despite having populations of 5.

Also, Ghost being named King is something we should all want and I'll fight anyone who disagrees!

Yea but Lyanna is dead so what's the point why have an election?  I supposed Podrick could run on him bedding 3 of Petyr Baelishs best and them not even accepting money risking his wrath. I swear that man is hiding Lightbringer in his pants, that's why we havent seen it yet. 

Hot pie could turn the world upside down with his campaign of mixing dirt with yeast to make the bread taste better. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

She never said that about Jon. She just said she saw the Bolton banners fall and that hed take back the North. With Stannis she said she was wrong. She grew to realize the blue eyes she saw in Aryas was the NKs. Probably why she went to Volantis, her powers would be stronger there among worshipers.

She all but told Davos he was the Prince that was Promised. 

Plus that's a random line they picked to justify their lazy writing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not to mention all the WW and their wights have the blue eyes.  Arya closed about 50 sets of blue eyes before she got to the Night King.

Are we also forgetting the Wiaf? Her first main boss? It even showed the scars she left and she had blue eyes too. 

48 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You give Ramsey Bolton that same number of people and time to prepare and I guarantee he wins that battle without Arya having to save everyone.

What makes you think that? What large scale campaign had he won? Far as I can recall, he always had his opponents vastly outnumbered. Which isnt indicative of a superior General.

The depleted, starved and demoralized Stannis crew he defeated rather easily. The Stark Northern Alliance crew was also vastly outnumbered and going down to defeat till the cavalry came over the hill.

Just now, Leader said:

What makes you think that? What large scale campaign had he won? Far as I can recall, he always had his opponents vastly outnumbered. Which isnt indicative of a superior General.

The depleted, starved and demoralized Stannis crew he defeated rather easily. The Stark Northern Alliance crew was also vastly outnumbered and going down to defeat till the cavalry came over the hill.

The only reason he lost the Battle of the Bastards was because another (larger) army came and saved the day. He straight up obliterated Jon's army perfectly with actual strategy! You give him (or any other competent military commander, for that matter) this many diverse armies AND time to plan AND a castle to utilize? Yeah, he's gonna win that.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How can the Red Witch say she knew Arya would be the one to kill the NK when she was championing Stanis and Jon as the "prince that was promised." You'd think she would've championed Ayra. 

In betting terms......its called "covering the field" :)

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The only reason he lost the Battle of the Bastards was because another (larger) army came and saved the day. He straight up obliterated Jon's army perfectly with actual strategy! You give him (or any other competent military commander, for that matter) this many diverse armies AND time to plan AND a castle to utilize? Yeah, he's gonna win that.

Understood - but again - he was always fighting with superior forces.

So - where's the evidence he would have taken down the larger army of the dead? Thats the disconnect.

Just now, Leader said:

Understood - but again - he was always fighting with superior forces.

So - where's the evidence he would have taken down the larger army of the dead? Thats the disconnect.

Because Jon took down the army of the dead without an ounce of military strategy to boot. Ramsey (now this is assuming that all other characters are still there and Ramsey isn't hated by universally everyone) would've easily drawn up a better solution and won this battle.

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because Jon took down the army of the dead without an ounce of military strategy to boot. Ramsey (now this is assuming that all other characters are still there and Ramsey isn't hated by universally everyone) would've easily drawn up a better solution and won this battle.

Okay - but I'll disagree.

The week 3 battle was lost. The superior forces were on the verge of complete victory.

Hell - 3/4's of the way thru - the NK raise up all the dead and enlists them as new (or perhaps some older, worn version.....) recruits.

"Okay folks....lets start this battle all over again!"

The good guys were gonna lose that battle.

NOWWWWWWWW......

If you want to remove all the "fantasy" from a totally fantastical story line - something I've not been doing since I'm willing to accept it at face value - i.e. a fantasy - the NK never gets near the battle field. There. Done. Total victory insured. As the culmination of week 3 proved - HE - was the weakest link to his entire army.

But such is the case with fictional story telling that includes sorcerers, sorcery, magic stones, zombies, Night Kings and yes - let us never forget - flying, fire breathing dragons!

Rational thought should be suspended when you click "On" the TV remote to watch GOT.

Edited by Leader

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well the Winterfell situation is unwinnable if the Night King plays it right. All he needed to do was siege the castle at a distance where the trebuchet/archers can't reach them. With an undead army that doesn't eat or tire, all they need to do is starve them out. 

The only possible threat would be the two dragons, but with a dragon of his own, and WW that can throw those spears, those are decent odds.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Well the Winterfell situation is unwinnable if the Night King plays it right. All he needed to do was siege the castle at a distance where the trebuchet/archers can't reach them. With an undead army that doesn't eat or tire, all they need to do is starve them out. 

The only possible threat would be the two dragons, but with a dragon of his own, and WW that can throw those spears, those are decent odds.

I mean I totally agree. But at least the NK used some strategy that made sense. Jon pinned the elements of his army/castle to a wall and through darts at it to determine where to position it and how to use it.

"Dothraki Cavalary" - "Charge first"

"Trebuchets" - "Positioned in front of the army, outside the castle"

"Dragons" - "ONLY USE IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY AND ONLY TO DRAW 2 LINES OF FIRE"