Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's just because that's what everyone has told me - that Bran has a lot of power. I just don't see it. I don't see any more value added than what you'd get from a Maestor, much less a character who has been in the show since the first episode and whose had his own side plot that's resulted in.....nothing.

A whole character arc dedicated to making Bran an expensive piece of bait 

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Same, considering that is LITERALLY what she said

"I always wanted to be there when they execute your sister. It seems I won't get the chance," 

Seems like I misinterpreted after all. I just thought the way she said it coupled with her walking away indicated she was going there. Seems like I was wrong.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because Sansa has been trained to see the bigger picture in things. Dany's been running off of pure emotion since forever. Sansa is much more reserved and careful as a character (probably because A) She's not under the belief that she's the rightful Queen of Westeros, and B) Because she doesn't have the ultimate trump card in "3, 2, 1 full grown dragon(s) to use). Sansa is much better tactically than Dany is, Dany is just raw emotion.

If I remember correctly she was in favor of keeping delaying the battle with Cersei until Sansa spoke up further instigating the tension. Tyrion and Jon had already said as much and yet Sansa just had to go and do a tactless thing.

Keep in mind that after Ser Barristan died she didn't just go and burn down the temple's like Daario suggested which would have been the easy decision.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's just because that's what everyone has told me - that Bran has a lot of power. I just don't see it.

We saw him go back and time and control another human in order to change the future...

If that isn't power I don't know what is.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

If I remember correctly she was in favor of keeping delaying the battle with Cersei until Sansa spoke up further instigating the tension. Tyrion and Jon had already said as much and yet Sansa just had to go and do a tactless thing.

Keep in mind that after Ser Barristan died she didn't just go and burn down the temple's like Daario suggested which would have been the easy decision.

Most of her character storyline though is doing things out of pure emotion, OR wanting to do things out of pure emotion and then Jorah or Tyrion talking her out of it or finding a compromise. However, as time has gone on she's heeded the advice of her counsel less and less and acted more on impulse.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

We saw him go back and time and control another human in order to change the future...

If that isn't power I don't know what is.

Wasn't that before he was the 3ER though? I'm not aware if he still has that power, since he hasn't used it since controlling Hodor.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you're counting that one, you also have to consider her "battle plan" to unite the Dothraki as well.

She's made mistakes. But he asked for examples and I gave him one from the early books that they put in the show.,

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Most of her character storyline though is doing things out of pure emotion, OR wanting to do things out of pure emotion and then Jorah or Tyrion talking her out of it or finding a compromise. However, as time has gone on she's heeded the advice of her counsel less and less and acted more on impulse.

Yeah, the last ~season has been seeing her devolve into being more and more impulsive and stubborn. Setting up for a new mad Targ on the thrown.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's not a battle plan, it was clever(which is why I said other than that one instance), not a battle plan.  Battle plans refers to specifically planning a, you know, battle.  

Her entire plan revolved around militarily taking over Astapor. That's a battle plan.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

She's made mistakes. But he asked for examples and I gave him one from the early books that they put in the show.,

I literally gave you that example you just spewed back what I had already written, cut it from the quote and then tried to say you gave me an example.  Cmon man.

According to Vegas these are all favorites to die before the show ends:

- Cersei Lannister

- Euron

- Qyburn

- The Mountain

- Jamie Lannister

- Daenarys

- Drogon

- Greyworm

- Varys

Lots of carnage coming. I think Vegas might be wrong about Greyworm, Varys, and Jamie. We’ll see. 

Odds to win the Iron Throne:

Jon Snow +125

Bran +275

Daenarys +500

Sansa +650

Pretty obvious what they're setting up. Dany is slowly slipping into madness and has lost all the voices of reason around her (Jorah, Missandei) and no longer trusts Jon. 

Jon and her will a confrontation at some point, likely ends with him killing her a la Jamie killing her father. Jon won't want to rule. The conversation between Varys and Terion basically setup that the person who gets the throne won't be someone that wanted it (ie., Arya, Sansa or Bran).

My guess is Bran, but the curveball to it all would be Bronn becoming King since it's "owed" to him.