Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

What do we feel the north's role in the final 2 episodes? And when I say that, I am specifically referring to the characters who stayed North. Obviously, characters up there (Sansa, Brienne) aren't just done for the season. So are they coming south, or are we looking at more plotting type storylines out of those? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What do we feel the north's role in the final 2 episodes? And when I say that, I am specifically referring to the characters who stayed North. Obviously, characters up there (Sansa, Brienne) aren't just done for the season. So are they coming south, or are we looking at more plotting type storylines out of those? 

I think in the end, Jon is King. Dany is dead. And Sansa is the wardeness of the North with her cousin on the throne.

• Like 1

Just now, scar988 said:

I think in the end, Jon is King. Dany is dead. And Sansa is the wardeness of the North with her cousin on the throne.

What I'm referring to though is how is the show keeping the characters who stayed North in the show. Tormund's goodbye felt like a legit goodbye, so I'd be surprised if we see him again. I think we will likely not see Gilly again, though I think that there's probably a good chance that we see Sam again. But clearly Sansa and Brienne's story can't be done at this point, so I'm curious how they are going to keep them in it. 

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Firebombing the people you want to rule is fast way to take the thrown, but a terrible way to keep it.

If Dany does that, I can't see Jon, Varys, Tyrion, Sansa, or any of the major players standing by her. 

I can definitely see it happening, but then someone will kill her.

Bingo - everyone around her has stated they don't want to see her take the throne by force, but everyone around her also has a "flaw" that would put their loyalty in question in her eyes. 

She's feeling the pressure, and she'll start seeing each of those "flaws" as something that will turn on her - so she'll pass on good advice and immediately attack those who question her.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What I'm referring to though is how is the show keeping the characters who stayed North in the show. Tormund's goodbye felt like a legit goodbye, so I'd be surprised if we see him again. I think we will likely not see Gilly again, though I think that there's probably a good chance that we see Sam again. But clearly Sansa and Brienne's story can't be done at this point, so I'm curious how they are going to keep them in it. 

I think they come back down after the sack of king's landing.

Just now, Forge said:

I think Tormund, Ghost, Sam and Gilly are gone. 

It doesn't really make sense for Sansa or Bran to go South... (at least until the fighting is done). I think Brienne follows Jamie though.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I think Tormund, Ghost, Sam and Gilly are gone. 

It doesn't really make sense for Sansa or Bran to go South... (at least until the fighting is done). I think Brienne follows Jamie though.

I was actually a little surprised we didn't see bran exit with tormund tbh

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

General consensus right now, can we all agree, is:

* Dany is going to die, probably after she tries to go "Mad King" on King's Landing

I think it's a worthwhile note to say that Dany won't go "Mad King". I think she'll go violent, but this isn't a new brand of crazy-ness. She's going to adhere to the same principles that brought her to where she is now; the throne is hers, the people controlling it are evil, and justice needs to be done.

Maybe the show will go the "Mad Queen" route. I'll be very disappointed if they do. Tragic heros work because we can believe in their motives the entire time even as they go down with the ship, and Dany's fatal flaw is pretty much unique in that it's not a blatantly bad personality trait like vanity or pride. It's so much more nuances than that and why I think the way she's been portrayed is noteworthy from a literary standpoint.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

So apparently they left a Starbucks cup in one of the scenes in last night's episode? 😂😂😂

D&D conversation 

"Well where do we go from here? How do we top that twist with Arya killing the NK?"

"Let's introduce modernism to the medieval ages."

"How do we do that, nothing we put in the show will make that believable."

"Starbucks! We put a Starbucks coffee cup on the set as a clue."

"That's a great idea! Everyone loves Starbucks, so no one will complain about it being unrealistic. Just like my idea of keeping most of the characters alive in the Long Night episode!"

"Bingo!"

"You sir are a genius!"

"No you're the genius!"

"No you."

"You"

Is how I'm guessing the conversation went. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's a worthwhile note to say that Dany won't go "Mad King". I think she'll go violent, but this isn't a new brand of crazy-ness. She's going to adhere to the same principles that brought her to where she is now; the throne is hers, the people controlling it are evil, and justice needs to be done.

Maybe the show will go the "Mad Queen" route. I'll be very disappointed if they do. Tragic heros work because we can believe in their motives the entire time even as they go down with the ship, and Dany's fatal flaw is pretty much unique in that it's not a blatantly bad personality trait like vanity or pride. It's so much more nuances than that and why I think the way she's been portrayed is noteworthy from a literary standpoint.

Maybe the mad Queen ends up being Cersei when she bombs her own people inside of King's Landing?

The only two people remaining on Arya's list are Cersei and Gregor. 

I bet Gregor and Sandor face off but Gregor wins, and Sandor gets to see Arya kill Gregor while he is dying.

I think Jamie kills Cersei though.

• Like 1