Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not talking about more seasons, I'm talking about 7 more episodes. It's not realistic to keep this going forever, but just 7 more episodes would have fixed so many issues without straining any if the excitement.

The show wouldn't be rushed, plot points wouldn't happen because a character "forgot" a fleet existed even though it had ambushed her armies twice already in less than 6 months and that character was reminded of the fleet in the scene DIRECTLY PRECEDEEING THE AMBUSH, etc. These issues might still be there because D&D are showing their lack of skill, but Jesus Christ they could have fixed a lot of the smaller ones and finished off a lot of the loose ends they have left wide open.

It could've not would've, the only difference is there's a lot more slowed down stuff and a lot more filler with 7 episodes. They'd also have the same budget....meaning 7 episodes worth of budget gets ripped from the episodes that people complain about now. 

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You're thinking of sitcoms. HBO does not want to mess with chemistry and neither would new showrunners unless they were complete idiots.

Plus Breaking Bad ended with being called one of the best shows of all time. GOT had that claim heading into this season. But look up articles after The Long Night and more and more they are turning into bad reviews with each passing episode.

Arguably the GOAT of TV series, and my personal favorite, The Wire ended with a lackluster 5th season. However, what keeps it afloat among the greatest shows of all-time is the fact that most of the season arcs were stand alone, and the ones that were intertwined with previous seasons were all good. The fifth season was fairly compartmentalized outside of recurring characters, and that is probably what saves it from tanking the whole ship. Can't say the same for GoT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Arguably the GOAT of TV series, and my personal favorite, The Wire ended with a lackluster 5th season. However, what keeps it afloat among the greatest shows of all-time is the fact that most of the season arcs were stand alone, and the ones that were intertwined with previous seasons were all good. The fifth season was fairly compartmentalized outside of recurring characters, and that is probably what saves it from tanking the whole ship. Can't say the same for GoT.

Exactly, everything has been leading to this last season. And people tune in because they want to know how it ends and they want the ending to be great. Even if it's not what they want, if it's done well they can at least be satisfied with that. But that's not whats happening now.

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If I had a chance to re-write the 7th and 8th seasons of game of thrones, I would have had Dany kill Cersei in season 7 and end that whole story arc and then force up to the north and make the long-night the bigger battle than the King's Landing Sack. And sure, I still would have had Arya win the day. But I also would have had Jon win the throne after Dany and her Dragons all got taken out by the night king.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

It could've not would've, the only difference is there's a lot more slowed down stuff and a lot more filler with 7 episodes. They'd also have the same budget....meaning 7 episodes worth of budget gets ripped from the episodes that people complain about now. 

Oh no...more character interactions? That sounds awful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Dialogue cost little shoot between characters and they could easily stretch the budget dealing with losing battles and armies fleeing and such but they chose to not do that.

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

If I had a chance to re-write the 7th and 8th seasons of game of thrones, I would have had Dany kill Cersei in season 7 and end that whole story arc and then force up to the north and make the long-night the bigger battle than the King's Landing Sack. And sure, I still would have had Arya win the day. But I also would have had Jon win the throne after Dany and her Dragons all got taken out by the night king.

I would definitely have gone a different way entirely. Jon rejects the relationship, but Dany becomes pregnant anyways. They lose Winterfell and the battle there. They flee south and flee towards Lannisport to get to the Iron Islands, the NK instead of pursuing instead goes to KL and kills Cersei and everyone Jaime goes to rescue her but dies there too. More and more people are turned until finally in a last ditch effort Jon and Dany go directly for the NK himself. Jon in the end pulls a Daemon Targaryan and leaps from Rhaegal to Viserion impaling the NK with his sword and the dragon automatically dies along with the NK and Jon. Dany gains the throne with most of the heroes dead.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh no...more character interactions? That sounds awful.

Oh no, you didn't get what you wanted.....show bad now.

C'mon mate, we all wanted more GOT and we are getting it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Episode 5 could just be an hour of preparing for battle. I mean... episode 2 literally had nothing of value either. 

Unlikely given who the director is for the episode

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

So, uh... how did King's Landing move from the coast to a desert? And why??

I can only assume that they needed to use a different location for the filming of that scene because of all the roads/modern buildings that go around the walls of Dubrovnik, which is the location of almost all the KL scenes

They probably took the easy way out by finding a large field that they could build makeshift walls/towers etc instead of doing the hard work of finding somewhere that would look like it belonged

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

I would have Jon die as a result of the Long Night and NK. With Dany shown slowly going mad far sooner. And while Id set up the NK being the main battle of the series which devastates half of Westeros, the Iron Throne is a bonus aftermath that could go 5-7 different ways.