Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No she hasn't. Her decision to not follow Daario's advice to kill every master in the temple's is proof of that.

What did her heart tell her to do most of the time?

The entire show. Pushing a decade now.. What has always been her first response to people upsetting her?

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

What did her heart tell her to do most of the time?

The entire show. Pushing a decade now.. What has always been her first response to people upsetting her?

**** what would you or anyone like to do in those situations. The point is she fought against any urges for most of the seasons. Then she stopped being about those urges and even let most of her enemies live in Slavers Bay. Her violent tendencies are very understandable considering how she was raised, who she was raised by, who she was married too and people she's had to deal with all of her life.

She was far more the product of her environment then anything. But she does an almost 180 on her motivations from Mereen to Dragonstone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Her violent tendencies are very understandable considering how she was raised, who she was raised by, who she was married too and people she's had to deal with all of her life.

She was far more the product of her environment then anything. But she does an almost 180 on her motivations from Mereen to Dragonstone.

You are completely contradicting yourself. 

If she has "violent tendencies" that she has had to fight off her whole life, then its not doing a 180 to succumb to them. 

Especially when she has been saying for 2 seasons that she wants to burn Kings Landing to the ground. 

It is 100% in line with her character. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If she has "violent tendencies" that she has had to fight off her whole life, then its not doing a 180 to succumb to them. 

Especially when she has been saying for 2 seasons that she wants to burn Kings Landing to the ground. 

No I'm not, anyone that were given her situation would have violent tendencies. That does not mean she some rabid dog looking to bite anyone that gets close enough to her like you guys are trying to make her out to be.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It is not in line with her shows character at all. This is not the way her personality has been portrayed. She has always became stronger from the pain of loss. Not go absolutely nuts. It fits a narrative for the final three episodes for the writers. It does not fit her personality. 

They should of did a better job writing it the past several several seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No I'm not, anyone that were given her situation would have violent tendencies. That does not mean she some rabid dog looking to bite anyone that gets close enough to her like you guys are trying to make her out to be.

She wanted to burn Mareen (sp?) to the ground. She wanted to burn Kingslanding to the ground. She wants to burn anyone who wont join her. She wants to burn anyone that slows her down. 

There is a trend here. She has always been an extremely violent person, they just kept her in check before 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Exactly. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

It is not in line with her shows character at all. This is not the way her personality has been portrayed. She has always became stronger from the pain of loss. Not go absolutely nuts. It fits a narrative for the final three episodes for the writers. It does not fit her personality. 

I am 100% talking about the show. She has been like this for a decade. 

Go back and read this debate from earlier. I pulled a different quotes/facts to back it up. She has *ALWAYS* been like this. From the first episodes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Surely if you want other people to "write better", you should show them how, maybe by saying that ( They SHOULD HAVE done a better job of writing over the past several seasons )

7 minutes ago, Bearguy said:

Surely if you want other people to "write better", you should show them how, maybe by saying that ( They SHOULD HAVE done a better job of writing over the past several seasons )

I am not a writer. This is like telling someone go play for QB for the Patriots if you think Tom Brady sucks. No one would/should ever have an opinion on anything with this sort of logic.

Edited by BayRaider

What do you guys thinks happens in EP6?

Assuming we'll see Sansa and she'll play some kind of big role in the episode.

Tyrion will be executed probably after Danny finds out he freed Jamie? This could cause Jon to finally draw the line if he hasn't already.

Will they scheme to kill Drogon or will Drogon somehow accept Jon since he is a Targ?

Jon most likely kills Danny although I could see Sansa kill Danny in some kind of political execution Julius Caesar style.

Does Jon become King or Sansa Queen? Perhaps Jon goes to live with Tormund and co.

Is the White Walker arc completely over? Most likely. But perhaps Jon or Bran become the NK in some twist.

Still looking forward to it.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am not a writer. This is like telling someone go play for QB for the Patriots if you think Tom Brady sucks. No one would/should ever have an opinion on anything with this sort of logic.

Ok, I accept that you are not a writer, author, or screenwriter. My comment was a joke, a play on words about you saying that they were badly written scripts, when you, yourself had used incorrect word usage. You say about Brady, I have no experience of QB play, other than the fact that any junior high school player has more talent at QB than I do. And of course everyone has an opinion, I was not saying that. It was the word usage in the context that it was used that amused me.

No harm, or insult intended.

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

She wanted to burn Mareen (sp?) to the ground. She wanted to burn Kingslanding to the ground. She wants to burn anyone who wont join her. She wants to burn anyone that slows her down. 

There is a trend here. She has always been an extremely violent person, they just kept her in check before 

When? It never happened. After Jorah left Daario even encouraged her to kill all the masters and she wouldn't even do that. She wanted to invade KL not to burn it to the ground season 7.

Dany has always been power hungry. Dany has always burned things/people she didn't like, just like the Tarlys after they had already surrendered. She has literally talked many times about how she wanted to burn King's Landing to the ground. And this was before she lost almost all of her closest advisers/friends, being betrayed by Tyrion/Varys, the death of two dragons, and being rejected by Jon.

Why was any part of this past episode surprising? 

Edited by jjab360
  • Like 4