Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

That Raven analysis is just pushing it. Let's be real, they have limited time and plot points to hit so they're blazing through.

I mean sure. But it shows that the time frame works, so there’s zero necessity to complain about the timespan of things.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

They were at the edge of the wall. Probably flew around the end to come in for a close landing.

It's already been determined that Wights can pass the wall way back in Season 1 when Jon saved Mormont after they brought the two Wights across the wall and into Castle Black. It's only the White Walkers themselves who can't cross the barrier.

Just now, iPwn said:

I mean sure. But it shows that the time frame works, so there’s zero necessity to complain about the timespan of things.

It's just jarring for the viewer because there's no sense of time lately. Things seem to happen immediately. 

Wonder if Jon figures out he's a Targ next week.

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

And do undead dragons breath fire or ice?

Assuming the dragon is the missing piece to get them past the wall, I’m gonna go with fire.

5 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It's already been determined that Wights can pass the wall way back in Season 1 when Jon saved Mormont after they brought the two Wights across the wall and into Castle Black. It's only the White Walkers themselves who can't cross the barrier.

They weren't technically wights then - they were just dead former Nights Watchmen who happened to turn after they were in Castle Black though.

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

They weren't technically wights then - they were just dead former Nights Watchmen who happened to turn after they were in Castle Black though.

Either way it shows that the magic responsible for the reanimation can successfully work beyond the wall.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Why did Sansa send Breanne away?

Also, was Jorah the only one with dragonglass? That seems kinda important in the scenario they were in.

Sansa just sent Brienne to be her representative cause there was no way in hell she was going to Kings Landing again while a Lannister is in charge (certainly understandable if you ask me) and Brienne is the person she trusts the most to represent her. 

I know The Hound was using dragonglass after he dropped the hammer...Jon and Beric didn't need it because they had valyrian steel and a flaming sword...not sure if Tormund ever made the switch to dragonglass or not...didn't notice it if he did. 

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Why did Sansa send Breanne away?

Also, was Jorah the only one with dragonglass? That seems kinda important in the scenario they were in.

Thormonds axe went from this.

lL26SSu.jpg

To this.

4ZEmQrm.jpg

So Im guessing they all had some in some fashion if Thormond had a axe of it.

28 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

"Coldhands" Benjen said at the end of last season that nothing dead can pass.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Did the show say what the invitation was for tho? I remember it saying it was an invitation to Kings Landing but don't remember why.

Last week, Cersei said she wanted to invite Dany up to King’s Landing, as it could be beneficial to her war efforts. I assume this is a part of the same.

The only things I enjoyed about this episode was the conversations between all the men on their trek and Jon's staredown with the Night King.

-Their plan was dumb.
- super speed at which people travel now is jarring.  Yeah, I saw the reddit post, but that doesn't mean it isn't jarring to see how much faster everyone is moving compared to all other seasons.
-Sansa and Arya plot is dumb so far.
-Fighting was okay I guess, but I never once thought anyone of importance was going to die. (Don't try to tell me Thoros is important.)
-Jon not getting on Drogon and going hero onto the ice was unnecessary.
-Jon surviving under the water until almost all of the dead had cleared...right.
-"Coldhands" Benjen saying he couldn't get on the horse because there was "no time"...right.

Just meh.  I hope next week is better.