Dallas offers 2nd rounder for ET3

Matts4313

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'm not as worried about the pick, as giving a 29 year old a 5 year contract with a buttload of guaranteed money.   If he agrees to a 3 year deal,  I'm fine with it.

Giving up the money AND the pick sucks the most, when you know he'd sign with us if he were a FA.

"Everyone in our locker room knows that Earl loves the Cowboys," Avril said. "I mean, he grew up in Texas. That's just who he is. He will leave immediately after work just to catch them play on Monday Night Football. You know what I mean? So we understand that. We didn't take it too serious."

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

after a week or 2, we may have a better idea based on Seattle and Dallas' start and momentum. If Dallas starts out slow they probably won't consider the trade. But the reverse is likely the have the opposite affect.

Nothing will happen before week 3

dallascowboysschedule.gif

Seems like Tom Ryle over at bloggingtheboys is having a break down but hiding it well. Lol

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/9/6/17825900/dallas-cowboys-news-the-earl-thomas-dream-is-finally-completely-dead-kind-of-for-now

If Michael Gallup explodes out and everything else clicks. Then I might be willing to agree and pay the 2nd. But we have to be going very strong for me to want to support this deal. 

Let me ask you guys a question:  The Cowboys are a possible playoff team without Earl Thomas.  With Earl Thomas, they are even better.  So lets say they make the postseason and their first rounder is roughly pick #25 overall.  Would you rather have whoever you take late in the first round or would you rather have an elite safety?  Sucks for you guys, but if I was a team that was a serious contender I would trade for Thomas.  You have to pay to get elite talent.

Personally, I have never wanted the Seahawks to trade Thomas, so I'm happy he is staying.... at least for now.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Let me ask you guys a question:  The Cowboys are a possible playoff team without Earl Thomas.  With Earl Thomas, they are even better.  So lets say they make the postseason and their first rounder is roughly pick #25 overall.  Would you rather have whoever you take late in the first round or would you rather have an elite safety?  Sucks for you guys, but if I was a team that was a serious contender I would trade for Thomas.  You have to pay to get elite talent.

Personally, I have never wanted the Seahawks to trade Thomas, so I'm happy he is staying.... at least for now.

You keep saying you wanna keep ET and yet you keeping visiting us trying to give us the hard sell like you're part of a ponzi scheme or something. Really, do you want the Seahawks to keep him or not? :P

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nope. 

Were getting him for free after the season and we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Were good.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You keep saying you wanna keep ET and yet you keeping visiting us trying to give us the hard sell like you're part of a ponzi scheme or something. Really, do you want the Seahawks to keep him or not? :P

I'm not hard selling him.  You guys don't make decisions on whether or not you trade for Earl Thomas.  I was just gauging whether or not you guys would trade a first rounder.  I was listening to Skip Bayless and he said just swallow your pride and trade the pick to make a run at a SB this year.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nope. 

Were getting him for free after the season and we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Were good.

You can't guarantee you're getting him for free.  Even if Thomas becomes a FA, that doesn't mean he would join the Cowboys.  Fine, you're one of the youngest teams in the league.  That's nice.  Your safeties heading into this season are bad and that relates directly to Earl Thomas.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I'm not hard selling him.  You guys don't make decisions on whether or not you trade for Earl Thomas.  I was just gauging whether or not you guys would trade a first rounder.  I was listening to Skip Bayless and he said just swallow your pride and trade the pick to make a run at a SB this year.

Skippy is funny. Anything is possible. But with our receiving game being so unsure, and we aren't sure either how Dak will progress this year. It's safer to assume he's not worth it right now. Not even for a SB first pick.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Skippy is funny. Anything is possible. But with our receiving game being so unsure, and we aren't sure either how Dak will progress this year. It's safer to assume he's not worth it right now. Not even for a SB first pick.

That's fair.  I think the Cowboys even making the postseason this year is kind of a stretch (not saying they can't, they're a contender for a spot).  Obviously Thomas would help, but it's going to be difficult regardless, so it may not even be worth trading for him.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

You can't guarantee you're getting him for free.  Even if Thomas becomes a FA, that doesn't mean he would join the Cowboys.  Fine, you're one of the youngest teams in the league.  That's nice.  Your safeties heading into this season are bad and that relates directly to Earl Thomas.

You asked a question. I answered. ET3 is amazing and I would trade a 2nd. I would not trade a 1st. 

And there are no guarantees, but its highly likely he signs with us. We likely have already negotiated the deal already.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm as big a fan of bringing ET in as anyone and am not worried about the money it takes to sign him, but a 1st rder is getting a bit rich.  

Archived