2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

26 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

You do know Aaron Donald has played the 5-tech for the last 2 years... in a 1-gap 3-4. Hence why I made the comparison. 

i couldnt believe this so i went back and watched every sack Donald had in the 2018-2019 and 90% of his sacks come from 4-3 alignment OR while having a 
"DE" outside of him

i dont care what you say, 5 tech , 3 tech, whatever gap he is,  if a DT has help from a DE / OLB with his hands in the dirt  outside of him THATS a 4-3

i GUARANTEE you , if Donald was playing in a true 3-4 with no DE help , he would not be putting up 20 sacks a season

Donald is great but hes not big enough to survive double and triple teams and still penetrate without have DE help on the outside, the reason their scheme works is because of the stunts where they use the DEs to crash inside and donald is quick enough to get outside 

in a true 3-4 DLinemen are just there to clog up space to free the LBs

and the Rams LBs are trash

That's the thing though, we're going to be running a similar defense. It's going to have multiple fronts and alignments.

It's not going to be a true 4-3 or 3-4, it's going to be a combo. Hell, most teams don't even get to run they're base defenses more often than not because if how much you have to be in nickel and dime packages now to defend...

I think you guys are arguing semantics. William's would be an absolute asset no matter what front we're in...

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i couldnt believe this so i went back and watched every sack Donald had in the 2018-2019 and 90% of his sacks come from 4-3 alignment OR while having a 
"DE" outside of him

i dont care what you say, 5 tech , 3 tech, whatever gap he is,  if a DT has help from a DE / OLB with his hands in the dirt  outside of him THATS a 4-3

i GUARANTEE you , if Donald was playing in a true 3-4 with no DE help , he would not be putting up 20 sacks a season

Donald is great but hes not big enough to survive double and triple teams and still penetrate without have DE help on the outside, the reason their scheme works is because of the stunts where they use the DEs to crash inside and donald is quick enough to get outside 

in a true 3-4 DLinemen are just there to clog up space to free the LBs

and the Rams LBs are trash

Of course there was somebody outside of him, he is an inside player. lol There would be a 3-4 OLB outside. He is still a 3-4 DE. lol In a 1-gap scheme, the 5-tech is meant to penetrate and be disruptive. 

I would look into the 3-4, 1 gap scheme when you have some free time and get more familiar with the types of player that fit that scheme. It isn't a tradition scheme where DE are meant to hold up blockers. Wade Phillips (the Rams D-coodinator) has been running this scheme with fanatics results for years. Much more of an attacking style defense. 

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Makes sense. We need a thumper. And with Kwon likely gone, White fits too perfectly.

I would rather stay at 5 and draft Quinnen if he falls or over draft an OLB.  Nassib had a great year, can he duplicate it again?   Trading down to 10 in theory is sound, but once Allen, Polite and Burns are gone, I believe there is a drop off to the next level of 3-4 OLB.  

To simply say, one of those guys will last till 10  isn t automatic.  Mock drafts are generally not close to how NFL scouting depts view prospects.

58 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I would rather stay at 5 and draft Quinnen if he falls or over draft an OLB.  Nassib had a great year, can he duplicate it again?   Trading down to 10 in theory is sound, but once Allen, Polite and Burns are gone, I believe there is a drop off to the next level of 3-4 OLB.  

To simply say, one of those guys will last till 10  isn t automatic.  Mock drafts are generally not close to how NFL scouting depts view prospects.

I am doing a mock draft with some friends on a Facebook group. And in that draft the top plays out 

1. Quinnen Williams 

2. Nick Bosa

3. Josh Allen 

4. Rashaan Gary 

and at #5 I went and took Brian Burns / EDGE / Florida State. 

I think he is a player that NFL board are going to be extremely high on. He is such a dynamic pass rusher, which is a skill you just can't teach. Like stated before, I think his combine will be a huge stock up or down for him. If he can show up at 240lbs, and keep the same explosiveness, I have no problem taking him at #5. I love his fit in our new defensive scheme. 

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

Archived