2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

On 1/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Caaddy24 said:

With this whole approach of "we cater to the players on defense", it's gonna be hard to predict what position they value most, but I'm thinking they just go BPA. The top 5 of this draft is shaping up to be all 5 D-line picks. Devin White is gonna be hard to pass up though. 

You should always be drafting BPA inside the top ten. If you're set at that position already, move back and collect more assets...

And I agree 100% on the Devin White comment. He's my sleeper top 5 pick...

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You should always be drafting BPA inside the top ten. If you're set at that position already, move back and collect more assets...

And I agree 100% on the Devin White comment. He's my sleeper top 5 pick...

What s unique about this draft is a whole new coaching staff who will probably view players differently then the previous coaches.  However, the GM is still in place, but no doubt BA has control of the roster.  As much as I would like Kwon resigned, White might be a must have for Bowles who BA has already publically stated he has full control of the defense.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

if he gets put in a 2 gap system, what a waste.  with his size 3-4 5 tech like the Rams run would be ideal

i havent seen too many mocks with him in the top 5 

i cant really put a finger on why though

i'm almost leaning on Oliver over Allen at this point but that might be just me

11 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i havent seen too many mocks with him in the top 5 

i cant really put a finger on why though

i'm almost leaning on Oliver over Allen at this point but that might be just me

Oliver was a 5 star recruit out of HS with major hype.  Fair or not, his production did not match his hype especially considering level of competition he played against.  Also, his size works against him.  Not many sub 290 DTs are successful in the NFL.  Donald at Pitt had a lot more production then Oliver.

Now if a team determines they can raise his level of play with scheme and coaching, then he ll be picked high.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:11 AM, ravishingone said:

Oliver was a 5 star recruit out of HS with major hype.  Fair or not, his production did not match his hype especially considering level of competition he played against.  Also, his size works against him.  Not many sub 290 DTs are successful in the NFL.  Donald at Pitt had a lot more production then Oliver.

Now if a team determines they can raise his level of play with scheme and coaching, then he ll be picked high.

Coaching also had to do with his lack of production. They misused him and Oliver and the staff were ar odds his whole time there...

He's got all the skills, but needs to be refined on technique...

Archived