2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

On 1/26/2019 at 8:11 PM, deuces22wild said:

I just want it on record I brought him up first for us.. :).

I think he would make the most impact for the defense even if we retain Kwon. I would take him with his run stopping and blitzing abilities alone because they are ELITE. So far it seems the only question mark is his ability to cover? He's very fast and instinctive, I'm sure he can cover, but even if average I'm fine with. On 3-4 plays we can have Kwon and White in the middle, and on 4-3, maybe give Kwon a break or rotate them both to keep them fresh. 

Still tough to pass on one of these top D-lineman that will be sure to fall to our spot. 

9 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I just want it on record I brought him up first for us.. :).

I think he would make the most impact for the defense even if we retain Kwon. I would take him with his run stopping and blitzing abilities alone because they are ELITE. So far it seems the only question mark is his ability to cover? He's very fast and instinctive, I'm sure he can cover, but even if average I'm fine with. On 3-4 plays we can have Kwon and White in the middle, and on 4-3, maybe give Kwon a break or rotate them both to keep them fresh. 

Still tough to pass on one of these top D-lineman that will be sure to fall to our spot. 

I think any formation that takes Lavonte off the field is a mistake. He's our best player on defense and one of the best players on our team.

If we resign Kwon, I don't think White is really needed. Just like with Smitty's defense, Bowles is gonna run nickel 75% of the time. We don't need three LBs for that.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think any formation that takes Lavonte off the field is a mistake. He's our best player on defense and one of the best players on our team.

If we resign Kwon, I don't think White is really needed. Just like with Smitty's defense, Bowles is gonna run nickel 75% of the time. We don't need three LBs for that.

Yeah im not sure the point of that. David in a 34 has to play ILB and is easily the best defender on the team. Kwon Alexander is also very fast and instinctive and we know just how great his coverage skills are....

Until there’s game tape of evidence its silly to assume what someone can do. 

TB needs to go DL or OL at 5 plz

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've seen him listed as OT1 for a while now. Maybe he always has been and it's slowly catching up with everyone else.

I think from an athletic stand point, he will test out the best.  I think there is a belief he is less likely to kick inside then Jonah.

I m curious how Jonah and Oliver grade out.  Every year there are prospects fans view more favorably then the scouting community.  Both sides have proven to be right in the past.

Im having trouble believing Oliver will fit into Bowles scheme. I know he runs a one gap, which does fit Olivers strengths, but I don't think he will be able to stand up against the run. Rashaan Gary is my favorite prospect that I think we can realistically get. Listed at 6'5" 285" i think he is the perfect "Calais Campbell" for Bowles defense. He is a freak athlete, who is shows explosive burst and strength. I just personally think he is a much better fit for our scheme. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Im having trouble believing Oliver will fit into Bowles scheme. I know he runs a one gap, which does fit Olivers strengths, but I don't think he will be able to stand up against the run. Rashaan Gary is my favorite prospect that I think we can realistically get. Listed at 6'5" 285" i think he is the perfect "Calais Campbell" for Bowles defense. He is a freak athlete, who is shows explosive burst and strength. I just personally think he is a much better fit for our scheme. Thoughts?

#oliverorbust 😀

I don't think size will be an issue. Oliver would play 5tech, so he doesn't need to be huge. 5tech actually fits him best probably because he's just too big to play 4/3 end and he might be too small to play 4/3 tackle.

Gary is a good prospect. And when he shows off how well he moves at the combine, he'll climb up the boards of those who don't already have him in the top 10. I personally just prefer Oliver.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Now here's an idea.

Yeah, no this is classic click bait.  I remember watching Bruschi at Arizona.  He was an under sized 4-3 DE, who was productive but didn t have the athleticism to bend around the corner teams wanted in a 4-3 RDE even as a situational pass rusher.  The last really big ILB that came out of college was Levon Kirkland from Clemson who played for the Steelers.  He played LB in college.  Moving a guy who played a decent amount of NT to LB is pretty unprecedented.  A team is not going to invest a first round pick on Oliver to move him to LB.  No shot.  Today s media.  Sigh.

Archived