2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Coaching also had to do with his lack of production. They misused him and Oliver and the staff were ar odds his whole time there...

He's got all the skills, but needs to be refined on technique...

Oliver has that high end athleticism Licht craves.  If GMC is cut, they are going to need another high end talent on the interior of the dline. Oliver is one of those prospects whose been followed since the day he got on campus, like Clowney.  Considering they just fired Applewhite after 2 seasons for me helps Oliver s case that he wasn t used properly which effected his production.

I m very confident either Quinnen or Oliver will fall to 5. With Haskins available and the outside pass rushers in this draft, number 5 should have an elite prospect fall into their laps.

58 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The DTs at the top of this class are unreal; Williams, Oliver, Simmons and Wilkins could all go inside top 15...

Then you've got Bosa, Allen, a rising Sweat, Ferrell, and Polite.

The top half of the first round is gonna see a lot of DT/EDGE players taken.

Looked at Jeremiah s mock draft again.  He has Jonah listed as a guard.  Is there enough value drafting a guard at 5 over defense?  Nelson was a different type of guard prospect, then Jonah.  Licht is more of a swing for the fences type of GM with first round picks.  I kind of think he might even have Taylor above Jonah.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Looked at Jeremiah s mock draft again.  He has Jonah listed as a guard.  Is there enough value drafting a guard at 5 over defense?  Nelson was a different type of guard prospect, then Jonah.  Licht is more of a swing for the fences type of GM with first round picks.  I kind of think he might even have Taylor above Jonah.  

Jeremiah is on his own. Jonah can play T at the next level. He may not be a great ATH but his technique makes up for it. At worse you have a long term RT starter.

Archived