Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

It's hard to post in some other teams forums. It seems inevitably someone gets there panties in a bunch. I'm not the best wordsmith and it can be hard to make a post and be critical. and as constructively as one puts it, sometimes it can still be difficult to not have it taken out of context and tone.

Maybe that's just me???? *shrug*

No, its not just you. Its 100% the reason why we all settled on the Eagles forum - their mods were the most lenient. The Cowboys/Redskins/Giants mods (back in the day) would go ape poop if you said anything even slightly dissing their team. The Eagles mods let it go as long as it wasnt over the top. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

No, its not just you. Its 100% the reason why we all settled on the Eagles forum - their mods were the most lenient. The Cowboys/Redskins/Giants mods (back in the day) would go ape poop if you said anything even slightly dissing their team. The Eagles mods let it go as long as it wasnt over the top. 

@Matts4313 I'd like to see you as a mod...;)

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with this.  Except its not totally on the mods.  They end up having to come down hard on opposing fans in their forum, but they usually have people whining about those posters being there in the first place.  They don't really have much choice. 

But if there was a forum, or general thread where everyone was invited you wouldn't have those same people complaining about the opposing fans being there.  

@Webmaster pointed out that there are friendly relationships within the team forums, but that clique nature also keeps others from joining in on the discussion.  

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I mean...I could edit the initial post to include the threads located in the other team forums.

That still means I have to check 4 threads to have a conversation. Wont work, weve tried. 

When Webby was switching to this site he put up an announcement that when I clicked on it, it took me to the feedback forum. We need something like that - in all 4 forums its the same link that goes to the same spot. Obviously it would be cool if it was here, but it should honestly just be the thread in the Eagles forum. Make it where all 4 of the NFCE threads directly go into that one spot and you will encourage people to post more. Its literally why any thread with a rival (or even a "Primetime") type poster blow up with activity. Debate encourages activity. Right now we have too many vets that share similar opinions. Hell, we dont even have DCRA v DCOA anymore... 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Well ya, the the mods of their team forums are usually really protective and will come down hard on opposing fans.  If there was a place for all division rivals to chat and (lightheartedly) talk some smack I think it would definitely boost forum activity.   

I have live in the DMV for over 40 years and so get lots of skins info/media etc. I remember last year after one of the skins game lost I was in ya'lls forum just discussing the game and even taking up for Kirk. But there was just one guy that just couldn't stand the fact that I was in your forum discussing the game, just one guy. No one else, and everyone was else was cool. I tried. So I just bowed out gracefully. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Now with that said, that doesn't mean I haven't or won't go back. just giving an example. So there are some variables that need to be work thru. Sometimes no matter how many emoji's you use you just can't keep someone from being butt-hurt.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I would bring this forum back to its glory days... but Webby wont allow it :(. Hell, when I got the notification he mentioned me, my first thought was "damn, am I finally banned for real) 

xD

Ya never know. 

3 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I have live in the DMV for over 40 years and so get lots of skins info/media etc. I remember last year after one of the skins game lost I was in ya'lls forum just discussing the game and even taking up for Kirk. But there was just one guy that just couldn't stand the fact that I was in your forum discussing the game, just one guy. No one else, and everyone was else was cool. I tried. So I just bowed out gracefully. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Now with that said, that doesn't mean I haven't or won't go back. just giving an example. So there are some variables that need to be work thru. Sometimes no matter how many emoji's you use you just can't keep someone from being butt-hurt.

Thats exactly why it needs to be a community thread. Other wise people get mad that you are 'on their turf'. That thread needs to be an embassy - its no one teams thread. 

Thats exactly why it needs to be a community thread. Other wise people get mad that you are 'on their turf'. That thread needs to be an embassy - its no one teams thread. 

This is exactly what I was trying to convey.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Then we all get to fight over which team gets to host the actual thread.  

The Eagles have shown they are most suited to host it. Otherwise just do it by the first team listed in the order of gen list (if other forums do it), or award it once a year to the most active team. 

The Eagles have shown they are most suited to host it. Otherwise just do it by the first team listed in the order of gen list (if other forums do it), or award it once a year to the most active team. 

I think that would be a great idea.

Archived