Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It would essentially only be consolidating 4 NFCE threads from the separate team forums into one.  And honestly, the only one that gets a lot of activity is the Eagles one.  

Right, and I can tell you from personal experience that when I am in a heated exchange with others (mainly the Eagles NFCE) I am checking this site every 10 minutes to continue the debate. Which causes me to post more in other threads as well... Its a domino effect. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Youve got mods/vets in all of the East saying this is a good idea.

Yes  and the same mods and vets have over-moderated these forums to kill off all activity.  New guys show up and start new activity and everyone bashes them that 'we are already discussing that here, stop creating new topics' and they leave.  Then New members stop creating new discussions.   Then those vets all start to leave when life pulls them away from the forum and then the forum is dead.    Mods and vets don't always know what is best for the health of the forum.

You guys want an NFC east forum? Boost the activity in the existing forums first.  Welcome and encourage new members to post.  If the team forums have enough activity to support more general forums, I will give it a strong consideration.  

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

Yes  and the same mods and vets have over-moderated these forums to kill off all activity.  New guys show up and start new activity and everyone bashes them that 'we are already discussing that here, stop creating new topics' and they leave.  Then New members stop creating new discussions.   Then those vets all start to leave when life pulls them away from the forum and then the forum is dead.    Mods and vets don't always know what is best for the health of the forum.

You guys want an NFC east forum? Boost the activity in the existing forums first.  Welcome and encourage new members to post.  If the team forums have enough activity to support more general forums, I will give it a strong consideration.  

Not an NFCE forum, an NFCE thread in one of the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants or Redskins forum, that is linked to a sticky in all of those forums.  

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

An NFC east forum would have the exact same atmosphere.  It's not just going to be you and @MKnight82 and your Eagles and Cowboys buddies posting there.  

Im not trying to be a jerk - but you asked for feedback and the second we come up with something we want, you are dismissing it entirely. What is the harm in giving it a shot? Its not like it can drive anyone away. Everyone who still post here started posting here 5+ years ago... were not going anywhere. And who knows, it might actually work!

I mean hell, I remember when you only had the one main forum and all the threads where in that. You seemed to grow the forum just fine. And I like the change; but now we are all isolated and are not longer having productive communication. I mean, really, think about it. If I  create a thead "What will Zeke rush for this year" - you will have all 10 of us post in the thread somewhere between 75-100 yards a game and then... the hend. Threads dead. Next topic? It doesnt work. 

Im not trying to promote other sites, but there is a reason the NFL Subreddit is now the biggest football forum on the planet. A lot of rivals having fun talking trash/debating with eachother. It works. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

What am I supposed to be looking at here?

Oh...sorry. Took me a while to dig that out. Didn't realize my previous post was 3 pages ago. LOL

just the example I was referring to about being in a rival forum. Scroll down about half way.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

Oh...sorry. Took me a while to dig that out. Didn't realize my previous post was 3 pages ago. LOL

just the example I was referring to about being in a rival forum. Scroll down about half way.

Are you talking about Dashing calling you out?  Or the entire Redskins forum having to deal with that 21 all the way guy.  21ATW got banned because he was just awful.  Dashing, lol I love Dashing but he's definitely an interesting cat.  

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not trying to be a jerk - but you asked for feedback and the second we come up with something we want, you are dismissing it entirely.

I'm not dismissing it entirely.   I've explained in pretty good detail why I don't think it will work.  I've also said that if the team forum activity increases, I might give it a shot.

Archived