Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

Just now, Desperado82 said:

Um...should definitely be us. We won the division last year....

Thats actually not a bad way of doing it either. Once a year lock it and give it to the division winner. That makes it more fun and gives the host team some bragging rights. Damn  good idea!!

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

But if there was a forum, or general thread where everyone was invited you wouldn't have those same people complaining about the opposing fans being there.

Are you kidding me?  Try being a mod in NFL general for one day.   All people do is complain about trolling.  'He said my QB wasn't a HOFer, he's a troll, ban him'.  'He said my team won't win the superbowl, troll, ban him webby'.  All that this NFC east forum/thread would become is just another NFL general.  Also, either way it pulls away activity from the team forums.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

Um...should definitely be us. We won the division last year....

Heck no.  I'm not going to the Cowboys forum.  Wait.... where am I now??? AHHHHHH

Seriously though, having it in 1 teams forum might be weird.  There could  be a whole forum called NFL Divisions Forum.  Then you could have one thread for each.  And then each team forum could have a sticky that auto takes you there like Matts is saying.  

@MKnight82

See the idea @Matts4313 & I kinda co-created. Have the forum be in whichever team won the division for that season, or have it rotate once a year between the four forums. It would not only generate discussion between rival fans, but each teams forum would benefit from the discussion.

Can we discuss improving activity in the Cowboys forum?  If you want to interact with rivals there are dozens of ways to already do that.  At this time I'm not creating another forum that is going to be impossible to moderate and take away activity from the team forums.  

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

@MKnight82

See the idea @Matts4313 & I kinda co-created. Have the forum be in whichever team won the division for that season, or have it rotate once a year between the four forums. It would not only generate discussion between rival fans, but each teams forum would benefit from the discussion.

Meh, co created by two Cowboys fans.  

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

Are you kidding me?  Try being a mod in NFL general for one day.   All people do is complain about trolling.  'He said my QB wasn't a HOFer, he's a troll, ban him'.  'He said my team won't win the superbowl, troll, ban him webby'.  All that this NFC east forum/thread would become is just another NFL general.  Also, either way it pulls away activity from the team forums.

giphy.gif

I mean, you guys asked for feedback. Youve got mods/vets in all of the East saying this is a good idea. Maybe lets just give it a shot? We tried it the other way and activity went way down - possibly its a time to try something new... 

Aside from that - if we host it you will have Des modding it. He literally has no life outside of FF.com, so he will be here 24/7 to monitor it. No extra work for you at all. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Aside from that - if we host it you will have Des modding it. He literally has no life outside of FF.com, so he will be here 24/7 to monitor it. No extra work for you at all. 

I mean...I do work...and go to dog shows here and there...

But, yeah...aside from that, I am logged in quite a bit. xD:(

3 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

@MKnight82

This is what veterans always do.  Stop creating one topic for everything.  Yes this topic would get activity, but it will pull away other activity because members will just start only posting in this one topic.  

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

This is what veterans always do.  Stop creating one topic for everything.  Yes this topic would get activity, but it will pull away other activity because members will just start only posting in this one topic.  

It would essentially only be consolidating 4 NFCE threads from the separate team forums into one.  And honestly, the only one that gets a lot of activity is the Eagles one.  

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Old habits die hard xD

Sorry Webby. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Meh, co created by two Cowboys fans.  

You had your opinion included as well. 

@Webmaster Again, it wouldnt be a new forum. Just a new thread that is redirected from each forum. You asked how to spark activity, this is a great idea. The reason activity is so low is we have way to much group think. The forum is at its peak when you have many opposing ideas. We were at our peak when we had DCRA v DCOA + all the borderline troll guys (like the guy who claimed Julius Jones needed to get fat to become faster, haha). Same thing with the Eagles fan and that one guy who basically hated the eagles players. He created activity because he was different. The easiest way to spark activity is get people debating with eachother. The easiest way to do that is to put opposing fans in a neutral thread. *THERE IS NO SPOT LIKE THAT CURRENTLY*; I dont count NFL Gen, that place is toxic. 

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No, its not just you. Its 100% the reason why we all settled on the Eagles forum - their mods were the most lenient. The Cowboys/Redskins/Giants mods (back in the day) would go ape poop if you said anything even slightly dissing their team. The Eagles mods let it go as long as it wasnt over the top. 

I agree, we are pretty great ?

Archived