Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

I'm not dismissing it entirely.   I've explained in pretty good detail why I don't think it will work.  I've also said that if the team forum activity increases, I might give it a shot.

Are you opposed to the idea of linking the NFCE threads into a single one?  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Are you opposed to the idea of linking the NFCE threads into a single one?  

Yes, because the average member won't know that the one NFC east topic in the Redskins forum is for all rivals to discuss things and you'll have guys like Dashing yelling at everyone to 'get out of my forum you troll.'

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

I'm not dismissing it entirely.   I've explained in pretty good detail why I don't think it will work.  I've also said that if the team forum activity increases, I might give it a shot.

Chicken or the egg? Will ideas that help the forum grow be worth starting a thread to spur such growth? 

Anyways - fair enough. I plead my case. I think 1 thread that is linked between the forums will help the growth you want. That said - i will leave it at that. 

6 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Yes, because the average member won't know that the one NFC east topic in the Redskins forum is for all rivals to discuss things and you'll have guys like Dashing yelling at everyone to 'get out of my forum you troll.'

They will if its in the title and first post. 

Thread title: NFCE Community thread - All are welcome for banter and debate

Intro post: This thread is neutral ground for ALL posters in the NFC E to discuss their teams and rivalries. Light hearted banter and serious debates are highly encouraged. Forum rules still apply. This thread is awarded to the team who won the division - so lets get it started:

Which team will win this thread, and the division, in 2017? 

---------------------------------------------------

^^^^ Boom, problem solved. Anytime someone has a problem with it, you just link back to page one. 

Ok, ok, now I am REALLY leaving this alone.

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

From my experience you generally don't see those negative reactions within the NFCE threads in the forums.  The one that was referenced was from a Redskins gameday thread, which its generally implied its for Redskins fans only (if an opposing fan is being cool the mods will let them stay).  I think everyone understands the NFCE threads are there for other fans to come in and chat.  Its just tedious having to click on 4 different team forums and go to each one.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Are you talking about Dashing calling you out?  Or the entire Redskins forum having to deal with that 21 all the way guy.  21ATW got banned because he was just awful.  Dashing, lol I love Dashing but he's definitely an interesting cat.  

LOL....yea...Dashing reaction(s) to my posting. I understood and gracefully bowed out. I was just giving an example of why it can be a bit difficult going into others forum. It was and is all good. I'm to old to give a rats backside anyway. I knew I didn't do anything wrong.

But I forgot about 21 and him getting banned. I remember him well when lurking.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

From my experience you generally don't see those negative reactions within the NFCE threads in the forums.  The one that was referenced was from a Redskins gameday thread, which its generally implied its for Redskins fans only (if an opposing fan is being cool the mods will let them stay).  I think everyone understands the NFCE threads are there for other fans to come in and chat.  Its just tedious having to click on 4 different team forums and go to each one.  

Right - and a community thread would allow posters to comment about something that happened in a game with out being in the GDT and ticking people off. Especially after an emotional loss. 

I think the linked thread would be worth a shot, and would overall net a more engaged discussion

Like I said before, @Phire and I are very hands off when it comes to rivalry banter/taunting. 
..everything has it's limits, But part of the fun of having rivals is doing that stuff. The Cowboys and Eagles fanbases have usually always been like that, and the Redskins have been a mixed bag...but tend to be fine outside of their own forum. The Giants have typically been the ones who don't engage as much, you'd get a couple of them who'd escape to interact...but that's about it.

A linked thread would hopefully pull them in more and lighten up. 
Realize that our jokes about Eli, and how many or few chromazone he may have..are all done out of a place of love

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think the linked thread would be worth a shot, and would overall net a more engaged discussion

Like I said before, @Phire and I are very hands off when it comes to rivalry banter/taunting. 
..everything has it's limits, But part of the fun of having rivals is doing that stuff. The Cowboys and Eagles fanbases have usually always been like that, and the Redskins have been a mixed bag...but tend to be fine outside of their own forum. The Giants have typically been the ones who don't engage as much, you'd get a couple of them who'd escape to interact...but that's about it.

A linked thread would hopefully pull them in more and lighten up. 
Realize that our jokes about Eli, and how many or few chromazone he may have..are all done out of a place of love

That Eli joke was just intercepted......

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Its just tedious having to click on 4 different team forums and go to each one.  

Use the new forum features to make following four topics a breeze.   Follow each one and create an NFC east rivals activity stream so that all posts are listed on one page for all four of these topics.   Here I show you how to do it with your favorite forums, but you can also do it with your favorite topics or members.

16 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Oh and thanks for helping me add 130+ posts to the Cowboys forum!  :D

First, you're welcome.  Second, you have absolutely nothing to lose by creating an NFCE forum.  Here's why... if the Eagles/Giants/redskins are playing a game, I'm probably going to watch if the game does not conflict cowboys.  But I have rarely and possibly NEVER posted about it.  Why?  Cause I refuse to go to NFL general.  If I post about Eli throwing a pick in the giants forum, I'm a troll.  But if there was an NFCE forum... I'm telling you other fans of NFCE teams will post in there and it will not detract from posting in our own forums.  And I also disagree that it would be another NFL General as the NFCE is only 1/8 of the NFL fan base.  I would probably never post in the AFC South forum.  I doubt fans of those teams would post much in the NFCE.

Third, and this is important.  You angered a lot of cowboys fans last year when you threatened to ban matts over chatzy (not that you threatened to ban Matts because most would agree that's a GREAT idea).  I challenge you to go back and look at every year prior to see if cowboys fans posted more or less when we stopped doing chatzy.  I guarantee you we posted less.  It's patriarchal and unnecessary.  If you really feel that threatened over chatzy... please create a real time chat that could be enabled during games or the draft etc.  I also guarantee you that would greatly boost forum activity.

@The_Slamman can we stop discussing bans and forum administration.  This is the second time you've turned the discussion to this topic.  If you want to keep discussing forum administration hit me up with a PM.  

As for chatzy and a chat room.  Yes, telling members to post in a chat room instead of on the forum does take activity away from the forum.  I'll look into adding a chat room if the activity is there to support both a chat room and a forum.  Also, this new software updates posts in real-time so I think that it will be a much better experience for gameday discussion.  

Archived