Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Will quoting this notify them all? @Webmaster

I get what you are saying about a new forum and I agree. Here is the solution I think we should do: Have a thread (stickied) in each of the divisional forums that when you click on that thread it redirects everyone to the same thread that can be hosted in one of the forums (HERE!). As we all know I go into the Eagles forum quite a bit - but you guys are wrong in thinking that means other do. I am pretty much the only Cowboys fan in there. There are a couple others from Giants/Redskins - but really that thread is 20 Eagles fans and me arguing/bashing each other teams. 

Having every forum linked to the same exact thread would promote other people speaking in it. Instead of 4 different NFCE threads, it can be 1 thread linked in 4 forums. And I agree that trash talk should be allowed within the confines of forum rules (dont make it personal, dont use profanity). Lets be real, a huge part of sports is banter between teams. Allowing that thread some flexibility would help a bunch. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Will quoting this notify them all? @Webmaster

I get what you are saying about a new forum and I agree. Here is the solution I think we should do: Have a thread (stickied) in each of the divisional forums that when you click on that thread it redirects everyone to the same thread that can be hosted in one of the forums (HERE!). As we all know I go into the Eagles forum quite a bit - but you guys are wrong in thinking that means other do. I am pretty much the only Cowboys fan in there. There are a couple others from Giants/Redskins - but really that thread is 20 Eagles fans and me arguing/bashing each other teams. 

Having every forum linked to the same exact thread would promote other people speaking in it. Instead of 4 different NFCE threads, it can be 1 thread linked in 4 forums. And I agree that trash talk should be allowed within the confines of forum rules (dont make it personal, dont use profanity). Lets be real, a huge part of sports is banter between teams. Allowing that thread some flexibility would help a bunch. 

This is my point.  Most posters do not go into other teams forums.  

@Matts4313

I think that might be something to look into down the road once (hopefully) this place gets poppin' again.

I started up an NFC East Discussion thread in our forum, and I am going to try and be more active in the similar thread in the Eagles and Redskins forums. 

@Acgott is slacking...the Giants still don't have a NFC East Discussion thread, let alone a TAGT thread.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree. Again - I get why he doesnt want to create a new forum. But at the very least we need to link all 4 of the forums to the same exact thread. I know there has got to be a way to do it where if I click on the NFCE thread in the Cowboys forum I go to the same spot as you from the Redskins forum. It would just be so much better. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I agree. Again - I get why he doesnt want to create a new forum. But at the very least we need to link all 4 of the forums to the same exact thread. I know there has got to be a way to do it where if I click on the NFCE thread in the Cowboys forum I go to the same spot as you from the Redskins forum. It would just be so much better. 

Ya its annoying having to go to all 4 forums to check out the different NFCE threads.  

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Matts and myself, maybe HTTR, we're pretty much the only ones.  There's a running gag within the Eagles NFCE thread that there's no one to vote for the Baldies Award for best non Eagles fan poster because no one else posts there but a few of us.  The posting activity between team rivals is very limited outside of NFL General (about football, the non-football threads obviously there's all sorts of people chatting).  

Again, the interaction with fans of other teams is what makes this site unique to me, not the relationships within the team forums.  I can go to the Redskins official team forum for that.  I prefer this site because I can chat with fans from all 32 teams.  

It's hard to post in some other teams forums. It seems inevitably someone gets there panties in a bunch. I'm not the best wordsmith and it can be hard to make a post and be critical. and as constructively as one puts it, sometimes it can still be difficult to not have it taken out of context and tone.

Maybe that's just me???? *shrug*

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

@Matts4313

I think that might be something to look into down the road once (hopefully) this place gets poppin' again.

I started up an NFC East Discussion thread in our forum, and I am going to try and be more active in the similar thread in the Eagles and Redskins forums. 

@Acgott is slacking...the Giants still don't have a NFC East Discussion thread, let alone a TAGT thread.

It doesnt work. It will die like it has before. For any of us that want to have a community thread, we will just go to the Eagles forum. But I GUARANTEE YOU that 99% of posters wont do that. Now if the thread you made automatically redirected into the Eagles NFCE thread, you would actually have some success. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

It doesnt work. It will die like it has before. For any of us that want to have a community thread, we will just go to the Eagles forum. But I GUARANTEE YOU that 99% of posters wont do that. Now if the thread you made automatically redirected into the Eagles NFCE thread, you would actually have some success. 

I mean...I could edit the initial post to include the threads located in the other team forums.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

It's hard to post in some other teams forums. It seems inevitably someone gets there panties in a bunch. I'm not the best wordsmith and it can be hard to make a post and be critical. and as constructively as one puts it, sometimes it can still be difficult to not have it taken out of context and tone.

Maybe that's just me???? *shrug*

Well ya, the the mods of their team forums are usually really protective and will come down hard on opposing fans.  If there was a place for all division rivals to chat and (lightheartedly) talk some smack I think it would definitely boost forum activity.   

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

and that is probably a good thing.  

A handful of mature rivals having fun and interacting with each other in rival team forums is fun and a great way to build community and friendships.  If you throw together every NFC East rival member in one forum and then you have another NFL General where a few immature members spoil all the fun.  It just takes away from the community and makes rivals hate each other.  

Archived