Question of the day - Trade?

DoleINGout

If the Patriots offered Tom Brady in exchange for Jameis Winston and DeSean Jackson at some point after the three game suspension, do you think the Buccaneers would take it? What if the Buccaneers also had to trade a high draft pick that was maybe conditional upon Brady's retirement status? TB12 has reiterated his desire to play another 4-5 years. Must be very tempting for the Bucc's who could already have most of the pieces in place, (besides stability at QB), to win a Super Bowl.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

If the Patriots offered Tom Brady in exchange for Jameis Winston and DeSean Jackson at some point after the three game suspension, do you think the Buccaneers would take it? What if the Buccaneers also had to trade a high draft pick that was maybe conditional upon Brady's retirement status? TB12 has reiterated his desire to play another 4-5 years. Must be very tempting for the Bucc's who could already have most of the pieces in place, (besides stability at QB), to win a Super Bowl.

tenor.gif?itemid=3747064

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Interesting question but I doubt we’d do it. Way too much to give up for a player that could just say screw it and retire any year. If Brady was 33 for example, then sure. However I still wonder if he’d show out away form the NE and the Patriot way.

Especially in our vertical offense. Brady thrives with the short game while taking shots. We seem to do it the other way around.

Brady isn't limited to a short/spread offense. He'd be fine. It's a matter of the Bucc's wanting/thinking/believing they can compete for a title and the Patriots/Brady mutually coming to the end of the road before the 2018 season is through. Both sides can get value in this deal, both have worked together (Pats/Licht), and both are nearing a decision at QB by 2019.

Wouldn't do the trade, like others have said, the organization seems 100% behind Winston and that's fine.  I think if you wanted to bring stability to the team and set Winston and the offense up for success I would swing a trade of Djax and maybe Barber and some trade pick for Bell.  We upgrade the offense instantly as Godwin becomes the full time starter and Bell is the safety valve for Winston and a great mentor for Jones.  I think Jones will develop into a decent back, just needs to get more comfortable with the speed of the NFL.

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, djw4bucs said:

U sir deserve and like and should go out and try to win the lottery, crazy how u kinda predicted us to get brady 2 and half years ago

I predict a lot of things and get called crazy all the time. I should go into sports betting and stocks is more like it. Or just straight up work for these teams.

53 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Somewhere some salty mod is bitching about bumping old threads. This is an example why bumping old threads is not only relevant, it's great

Solid prediction

I wish we could go back 10-15 years and bump threads. I'd be fun