Around The League

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wow.   Joe Schobert just completed 3rd season as pro.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20181130/browns-notebook-blake-williams-reveals-freddie-kitchens-isnt-teams-only-new-play-caller

And ah,  Jets said no to Blake Williams and it become an issue between Gase and his pop.  What a fun, eh?

Wonder what the exact issue was. I’m 50/50 on the story honestly. I don’t think Gase would stop his defensive head coach from building a good staff.

29 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wonder what the exact issue was. I’m 50/50 on the story honestly. I don’t think Gase would stop his defensive head coach from building a good staff.

I think Jets didn't like Blake's character. That could mean he will be on very very short leash with Jets. Blake better stays rationally for the sake of his pop being Jets DC.  Can't afford some childish crap in Jets organization.

Yeah this is already a concern. I loved the Williams hire and wanted to ignore the BS notion of him and Gase butting heads. The league year wasn’t even over and they already have had an issue. Hopefully it’s an isolated incident and it’s smooth sailing from here but I understand that’s real wishful thinking 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I was wondering that myself. Bc Hunt will get suspended... it makes it unclear. Technically they'll need Duke while Hunt is suspended. You never know though.

Yeah, maybe he’s a deadline guy. Although maybe they add a JAG as a backup and make Chubb the workhorse. We’ll find out.  

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, Bobby816 said:

Browns sign Kareem Hunt. Interesting.

Yea, when consider they have Chubb, who avg. 5 yards per carry. And Spencer Long sign with the Bills. And Antonio Brown sad go by to the Steelers. I guess about this time of the day Macc is on his tenth cup of coffee.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Sooooo....KK saying how Fuller should be No. 1 overall pick.  Rosen does not seem to be his type of dual threat QB.  Anyone else thinking #1 pick is for sale?

Kk said this back in his Tech days and has since come out and said Rosen is his guy

42 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Kk said this back in his Tech days and has since come out and said Rosen is his guy

Of course he is going to say Rosen is his guy.  Rosen is there and they just spent a 1st round pick on him last year.  What is he suppose to say?  Still does not change the fact that Rosen is not in the same type of player as Mayfield or Mahomes or even Keenum who KK had success with.  Unless KK is going to have a system that is pure drop back / play action, which is different then his college scheme, Rosen is not the best fit.  Don't see Rosen as a great RPO QB. 

Just food for thought as it seem pretty clear KK will have to develop the more traditional NFL system for a guy like Rosen  -  which IMO would go against why Arizona hired him.

16 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Of course he is going to say Rosen is his guy.  Rosen is there and they just spent a 1st round pick on him last year.  What is he suppose to say?  Still does not change the fact that Rosen is not in the same type of player as Mayfield or Mahomes or even Keenum who KK had success with.  Unless KK is going to have a system that is pure drop back / play action, which is different then his college scheme, Rosen is not the best fit.  Don't see Rosen as a great RPO QB. 

Just food for thought as it seem pretty clear KK will have to develop the more traditional NFL system for a guy like Rosen  -  which IMO would go against why Arizona hired him.

I see KK operating more of a Sean Payton style in the NFL than a RPO like he has. 

Archived