Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 minute ago, 5x10 said:

still can’t figure out our oline is good enough to support the leading rusher in the nfl

but

also leads the league in sacks

this explains a lot. Run blocking and pass blocking are two totally different things. Example Doug Free, YES the legend himself, he who once had been named for the now Slappers award, was a horrid pass blocker but a very good run blocker. Not to mention injuries to O-line affect the continuity of pass blocking far more than run blocking. How many different lineups have Dallas' O-line already used??

6 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

still can’t figure out how our oline is good enough to support the leading rusher in the nfl

but

also leads the league in sacks

It's far easier to run block than it is to pass block 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

At times. He's also dealing with a bad offensive line. Both can be true.

Dak at times as you say holds the ball too long, and yes I wish he would just take off and run. I wonder how much is that with him or its what the coaches are trying to force him to not run as much. By the way making quicker decisions with the ball from Dak's point of view and maybe coaching  and play calling does need to improve especially behind this bad offensive line

2 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Pretty sure Matt is sold on his accuracy

I would love to know how you form your opinion. Its not by reading anything I have written.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If you Google "Dak Prescott Accuracy," you get a set of articles that are less than flattering:

This was after our blowout WIN against the Jags..

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/21/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accuracy-tracker-week-6-jacksonville-jaguars/

Week 5’s Tracking Dak, also known as the Dakuracy Report, showed one of the more egregious outings for Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott this season. On 30 attempted throws, one-third of his attempts were classified as highly inaccurate, an unacceptable level.

Diving deeper made this appear even worse. Prescott attempted just 12 passes that went beyond 10 yards. 83 percent of them were badly thrown. And on short throws, the “gimmes” that should bolster statistics? Five of his nine passes between 0 and 10 yards weren’t accurate, even though he completed two of those five.

The Cowboys bounced back from that game against Houston to absolutely throttle the Jacksonville Jaguars, 40-7. Prescott only completed 183 yards but the overwhelming consensus is that he played much better than he did the week before.

Did he?

Prescott attempted 28 throws this week, and a higher percentage were highly inaccurate (35.7) than the previous week when Prescott attempted 30 throws and exactly one-third of them (10) were highly inaccurate.

Once again, on deep throws, passes that traveled more than 20 yards in the air, Prescott struggled. He was one of four, nailing the first throw for 27 yards to Gallup, but missing the final three. The last deep pass was almost intercepted by Jalen Ramsey where Prescott should’ve thrown short as the CB stayed on top of Hurns’ route, who didn’t track the ball at all

Dak completes a lot of passes because he can generally get it in the WR's catching radius. His ball placement is often suspect. He needs a real QB coach that will fix his feet. That will improve his accuracy and pocket awareness, as Brees mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I would love to know how you form your opinion. Its not by reading anything I have written.

Dak completes a lot of passes because he can generally get it in the WR's catching radius. His ball placement is often suspect. He needs a real QB coach that will fix his feet. That will improve his accuracy and pocket awareness, as Brees mentioned. 

Fix the feet, and a lot of this goes away.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, Matts4313 said:

Since sacks are a QB stat, can you please explain to me how Luck went from getting sacked 100 times a game to 0? 

It wasnt because they used premium picks on their OL. Because remember what you said, @DaBoys, sacks are a QB burden more than anything else. 

Matts, it’s comical at this point how much you are apologizing for Dak.  Sacks are a product of several things including reading the defense,  hot reads, protection, etc.  Dak does a horrible job of reading defenses, being decisive and trusting the throw even when there is sufficient protection which by NFL standards is 2.5 seconds.  The overwhelming majority of Dak’s sacks come from him holding the ball long than 2.5 seconds.

when sacks come under 2.5 seconds it’s almost always because there is an unaccounted for blitzer.  Even in those situations, QBs have to recognize and hit the hot read.  

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Fix the feet, and a lot of this goes away.

I disagree.  Feet are an issue but the biggest issue IMO is recognizing the defense and anticipation.  Dak hesitates too much and it’s because he doesn’t trust what he sees.  I also think he’s too often scared to throw in anticipation of the receiver cuts or throwing the receiver open.

Dak wants an open receiver.  Period.  He will hold onto the ball until he sees one open.

10 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I disagree.  Feet are an issue but the biggest issue IMO is recognizing the defense and anticipation.  Dak hesitates too much and it’s because he doesn’t trust what he sees.  I also think he’s too often scared to throw in anticipation of the receiver cuts or throwing the receiver open.

Dak wants an open receiver.  Period.  He will hold onto the ball until he sees one open.

Oh, I was specifically talking about his ability to place the ball on the spot that he intended. Surely, he doesn't want to throw his deep passes out of bounds and his short passes in the dirt. That means he is trying to throw somewhere and the ball is going somewhere else. If he were to correct his wildly inconsistent footwork a lot of that would go away.

There are still things he needs to correct, but failing to get the ball to the intended spot sure hurts when he DOES decide to throw it.

We need to let him be a duel threat QB. We need to let him be a duel threat QB. We need to let him be a duel threat QB.

You only want to throw if the WR is wide open? Fine. But instead of holding the ball until you take a sack, RUN WITH IT! Just start running.

10 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Sacks are a product of several things including reading the defense,  hot reads, protection, etc.

Which is my point. If I am apologizing for him, than so are you. Trying to pinpoint the high number of sacks solely on Dak is disingenuous. But that doesnt stop people from doing it.

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Dak is working on this. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks ago he made that he made this same comment. That he is trying to trust his WRs more and rip it when he see's it. I think thats correlated to the higher attempts down fields (and more interceptions). 

Archived