Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

And yes short passes inflate the %. Lest we forget Brandon Weedon was over 72% in a dismal 2015 campaign 

Another thing that is being over-inflated. Hell, I saw plan make fun of Dak for attempting five of his 20 passes over 10 yards. That's 25%, which is pretty normal

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The short passes don't really bother me tbh. At least that's not really a flaw. I'm just pointing it out in relation to his completion %. I think he's been advised to look for Zeke.

I get boths ends of this argument. But some might say that ain't a bad thing. Not necessarily me.....just sayin.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, The_Slamman said:

Yes, we just need to find that elusive OC who excels with inaccurate QBs who lack anticipation and has a poor feel for the pocket.

Spot on. I nominate this for POTY.

Linehan is a problem, but there isn't a lot an OC can do when he has a QB that can't consistently hit players who are wide open. Dak is in Year Three, this shouldn't be as big of an issue as it is with him. Dak needs to be challenged for the starting QB position next year. 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, plan9misfit said:

I wouldn’t go after Winston. He’s a numbskull and a turnover machine. Flacco is mediocre, but could drive the bus well enough for us to succeed. Honestly, I’d keep my eye on Derek Carr. Oakland doesn’t want him, so I think he could be traded or released in the offseason. Otherwise, I’d keep my eye on the draft.

I think other than the S and TE position, finding a quality backup QB should rank high in the offseason. Derek Carr, Joe Flacco, hell I would like Ryan Fitzpatrick behind Dak also. Cooper Rush scares no one. 

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I think other than the S and TE position, finding a quality backup QB should rank high in the offseason. Derek Carr, Joe Flacco, hell I would like Ryan Fitzpatrick behind Dak also. Cooper Rush scares no one. 

I think Derek Carr would beat out Dak.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, D82 said:

I think getting a vet QB is imperative this off-season, along with a better OC and QB coach. 

Agreed. It's clear that Linehan has failed Dak and should be gone. But he shouldn't be the only one scapegoated. Garrett's reluctance to change and Dak's regression (under his watch) is worrisome also. 

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Troy would win. Troy was deadly accurate under the right circumstances. He might be able to beat any QB ever. That isn't a fair comp.

But that said, if there was a rusher in there face, I would take Dak. Well, honestly I would take Rodger. Then Romo. Then Danny. But Dak before Troy.

I must imagine you are talking about later in his career after his many concussions. Troy was so damn tough at standing in to the last second. I even remember John Madden pointing out that he believes Troy was one of the best he ever seen at taking the hit while stepping into the throw. 

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a great example of what I am talking about. Plan, you watch this play and see an open TE. I see a QB that is going through his progressions to quickly. 

Dak saw inside leverage and abandoned the route. Thats coaching.

giphy.gif

I see a QB who couldn’t recognize that his TE was open.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Another thing that is being over-inflated. Hell, I saw plan make fun of Dak for attempting five of his 20 passes over 10 yards. That's 25%, which is pretty normal

No, I mentioned that he threw TWO passes over 10 yards when someone showed me his passing chart. 

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

You're setting yourself up for another heartbreak, my friend. 

Archived