Injuries thread (Update: Fluellen to IR.)

titans0021

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Apparently Mariota has some sort of a foot injury according to profootballtalk. Not expected to miss any game time.

Idk if this has been talked about yet or not.

Could be soreness from who knows what. He was a full participant after being limited the other day. 

1 minute ago, tgrades3 said:

Random thought but do you guys think the switch at Strengh & Condidtion coach has contributed to these injuries. Or just bad luck?

Combination of both IMO. Steve Watterson  was GOAT. Sucks he decided to retire but I bet if Vrabel wanted him back bad enough, he’d come back.  Strength & conditioning coaches are one of the more underrated coaching positions in all of sports.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-marcus-mariota-elbow-nerve-stinger-ucl-1223-story.html

"My worry is this is a re-aggravation of the ulnar nerve issue.

In general, a nerve issues resolves in seconds or minutes. When it doesn't, it takes weeks (or sometimes months.)

At this point, it seems likely the Titans will have to win with Gabbert unless they choose to play Mariota at less than 100 percent."

Fwiw

A strained MCL and they put him on IR? Must be a pretty bad strain. Losing him is huge. Starting Jones, Logan, and Austin up front now I assume. Orakpo should be back for this game so in subpackages, I’d put him in Casey’s spot and Landry and Morgan outside. Can’t have Jones, Logan, or Johnson playing in sub packages considering they offer nothing in pass-rush.

Win or lose I’m proud of how this team has played. Got off to a just horrible start in that game against Miami that put us way behind the 8 ball and we scratched and clawed to stay relevant. Had a bad lapse against Buffalo and hit rock bottom against Baltimore and found a way to bounce back. Got blown out against Houston and Indy and bounced back. Had our DC go to the hospitcal in the middle of a game. Battled injuries to key players all throughout the year. Our starting QB has been in and out of games with injuries. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but with all that said, we’re still in position to make it in to the post season and I think Vrabel’s done an impressive job even if we lose to Indy.

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Win or lose I’m proud of how this team has played. Got off to a just horrible start in that game against Miami that put us way behind the 8 ball and we scratched and clawed to stay relevant. Had a bad lapse against Buffalo and hit rock bottom against Baltimore and found a way to bounce back. Got blown out against Houston and Indy and bounced back. Had our DC go to the hospitcal in the middle of a game. Battled injuries to key players all throughout the year. Our starting QB has been in and out of games with injuries. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but with all that said, we’re still in position to make it in to the post season and I think Vrabel’s done an impressive job even if we lose to Indy.

Agreed on Vrabel. Many people, myself included, were bracing for a potentially drastic step back this season in the first year of a new regime. I think he’s done a masterful job the face of several key injuries and very inconsistent offensive play. 

If we totally crap the bed against the colts I’ll still be disappointed, but if we show up and actually play like our season is on the line, it’ll be hard for me to complain win or lose. 

Archived