Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well I'm dropping winston....

Assuming Fitzpatrick isn't named the starter, should I pick up trubisky? Mayfield? Or dak? 

Thanks

Probably Mitch - though I do think he's not going to be quite as well-off until Robinson comes back and I expect that groin injury to linger (as they tend to do) for another couple weeks.  Dak's a dart-throw, but relative unknown as far as potential.  And Baker really hasn't had great fantasy production outside of 1-2 games, despite + match-ups.

I might actually be willing to stream Fitzmagic assuming DeSean isn't traded this week.  Also, Godwin is back in play as a flex-able WR if Fitz is the starter.

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Probably Mitch - though I do think he's not going to be quite as well-off until Robinson comes back and I expect that groin injury to linger (as they tend to do) for another couple weeks.  Dak's a dart-throw, but relative unknown as far as potential.  And Baker really hasn't had great fantasy production outside of 1-2 games, despite + match-ups.

I might actually be willing to stream Fitzmagic assuming DeSean isn't traded this week.  Also, Godwin is back in play as a flex-able WR if Fitz is the starter.

Thanks. I'm hoping fitz is named the starter by Tuesday so I can  figure out whether or not to put a claim in for him.

That's a sell on Jameis (his 2019 $20m salary is only guaranteed for injury; this is a Kaepernick on a "lost" Niners team scenario, they're likely going to deactivate him so as not to end up on the hook by force of injury due to him having to come in for a potentially injured Fitz), buy on Chris Godwin, sell on Cameron Brate, and be prepared to look at other options on TE from OJ Howard (he's a hod right now for me to see how things shake out, but if you get a shot at a Jack Doyle coming off the bye week next week, I'd sure take it).

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hold Trequan Smith or Devante Parker? I am looking at dropping one for KEKE Coutee.

Probably Parker.  TreQuan is talented, but he's what?  4th-at-best in the pecking order for targets behind Thomas, the TE, and both RB's?  And we're starting to see a potential for the same trend as happened last year happen again this year, where the New Orleans defense (kind of - more so last year) rounded into better form and at least started carrying some of the water - which then led to Payton putting the ball in the hands of the RB's more and cutting down on Brees' pass reps.

Coutee's someone I'm buying too, but I want to maintain a solid floor guy if I'm carrying him because I can't be certain when he's coming back, whether the Texans are going to make an acquisition between now and then, etc. But if he manages to hit, that Texans passing game fantasy playoff schedule is delicious (IND,  @NYJ, @PHI).

34 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Probably Parker.  TreQuan is talented, but he's what?  4th-at-best in the pecking order for targets behind Thomas, the TE, and both RB's?  And we're starting to see a potential for the same trend as happened last year happen again this year, where the New Orleans defense (kind of - more so last year) rounded into better form and at least started carrying some of the water - which then led to Payton putting the ball in the hands of the RB's more and cutting down on Brees' pass reps.

Coutee's someone I'm buying too, but I want to maintain a solid floor guy if I'm carrying him because I can't be certain when he's coming back, whether the Texans are going to make an acquisition between now and then, etc. But if he manages to hit, that Texans passing game fantasy playoff schedule is delicious (IND,  @NYJ, @PHI).

I have Mike Evans and Landry so I just need a solid WR3. Now idk if that's Parker or Smith but if I do keep parker and he can chip in 10 points then I believe I can wait and see on KEKE that's if i can stash him.

edit: forgot to also say that NO doesn't throw it deep as much anymore. I know it was the vikings but I believe their only deep ball attempt came from Hill. So that somewhat limits what Smith could do for them. Whoops after I posted the edit, I realize I still own that dude from TEN who hasn't shown up since the philly game..Corey Davis..

55 minutes ago, The LBC said:

That's a sell on Jameis (his 2019 $20m salary is only guaranteed for injury; this is a Kaepernick on a "lost" Niners team scenario, they're likely going to deactivate him so as not to end up on the hook by force of injury due to him having to come in for a potentially injured Fitz), buy on Chris Godwin, sell on Cameron Brate, and be prepared to look at other options on TE from OJ Howard (he's a hod right now for me to see how things shake out, but if you get a shot at a Jack Doyle coming off the bye week next week, I'd sure take it).

This is brutal for me because I guarantee that there's almost not chance I get him on the waiver wire, which means I'm stuck with the likes of Mariota  and streaming options on the waiver wire as my QB2. Our waiver wire resets every week in the opposite order of the standings, and because I'm still tied for first with two others, and hold the tie breaker with most points scored, I'll be last on the wire. God, that's frustrating. My team really is imploding. 

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I have Mike Evans and Landry so I just need a solid WR3. Now idk if that's Parker or Smith but if I do keep parker and he can chip in 10 points then I believe I can wait and see on KEKE that's if i can stash him.

edit: forgot to also say that NO doesn't throw it deep as much anymore. I know it was the vikings but I believe their only deep ball attempt came from Hill. So that somewhat limits what Smith could do for them. Whoops after I posted the edit, I realize I still own that dude from TEN who hasn't shown up since the philly game..Corey Davis..

Other guys to look at would be DJ Moore (he's starting to click with Cam finally and Norv's been getting him targets/reps) and David Moore (I'd cap him at a WR3/WR4 type, but he's catching TD's, schedule's not bad, and this coming week you have to figure that he's definitely not going to be the guy getting the Casey Heyward treatment).  Plus, Moore is probably a guy you can get for like $1 FAAB that if someone drops someone more alluring in the aftermath, you don't have qualms just turning right around and going for them and dumping Moore.

I'd also want (and already bought) shares of Cameron Sutton.  I can't help but feel like someone's going to make a move for Demaryius Thomas with all the smoke of late and Sutton would immediately jump to a starter's reps if that goes down - even in spite of Keenum.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Other guys to look at would be DJ Moore (he's starting to click with Cam finally and Norv's been getting him targets/reps) and David Moore (I'd cap him at a WR3/WR4 type, but he's catching TD's, schedule's not bad, and this coming week you have to figure that he's definitely not going to be the guy getting the Casey Heyward treatment).  Plus, Moore is probably a guy you can get for like $1 FAAB that if someone drops someone more alluring in the aftermath, you don't have qualms just turning right around and going for them and dumping Moore.

I'd also want (and already bought) shares of Cameron Sutton.  I can't help but feel like someone's going to make a move for Demaryius Thomas with all the smoke of late and Sutton would immediately jump to a starter's reps if that goes down - even in spite of Keenum.

DJ Moore got picked up last week. I'll keep an eye on David Moore. I agree too. I would love to have Sutton on my bench too.

We actually don't use FAAB system but boy are there times I wished we did. Especially a few years back when Bell tore his knee and I was sitting last in waiver and had no shot at Dwill, I was riding high at that point too. I finished 11-2 but the damage was already done to my team.

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

We actually don't use FAAB system but boy are there times I wished we did. Especially a few years back when Bell tore his knee and I was sitting last in waiver and had no shot at Dwill, I was riding high at that point too. I finished 11-2 but the damage was already done to my team.

I don't get why more leagues don't, other than either laziness or a commissioner feeling like he has an advantage over his leaguemates (I've seen it; a commish whose work hours had him online way late at night or overseas and at work when the rest of us were asleep in bed, so taking advantage of midnight waiver grabs was easier for him).  Waiver priority is outdated at this point.

27 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I don't get why more leagues don't, other than either laziness or a commissioner feeling like he has an advantage over his leaguemates (I've seen it; a commish whose work hours had him online way late at night or overseas and at work when the rest of us were asleep in bed, so taking advantage of midnight waiver grabs was easier for him).  Waiver priority is outdated at this point.

It's funny until I started playing in my home league, I didn't know waivers cleared at 4 am wed. I once pushed for FAAB but it got shut down. 

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I just picked up DJ Moore up after a 2 for 1 trade (I received the 1) and Coutee is on waivers until Wednesday.. should I drop moore for him? I also have trequan

I am pretty stacked at WR (Hopkins, hill, diggs, sanders, golladay, Trequan, moore) and its 2WRs with 2 flex spots - so I am all for having more of a boom/bust type as the last guy off the bench

Archived