Buy / Sell / Hold

Forge

This may be peoples' one and only time to be able to buy Alvin Kamara.  It's not likely, but there's a shot that his owners are fretting last night's usage with the return of Ingram and worrying about what kind of share Kamara is going to see coming out of the buy.  If you've, by some miracle, managed to have a guy like David Johnson (who you should be shopping - not jumping at any offer to trade away, but coming off the week that he had and in the offense he's in, you should at least be offering him for Tier 1 guys to see if someone bites - like if you can get a Tier 1 WR and a RB3 for DJ, try to get that deal) on your roster... might not hurt to offer him to the Kamara owner and see if he bites.

19 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I already own Clement as my #3 or 4 back depending on your thoughts of D. Henry.

Should I put a waiver claim in for Smallwood? If so, how many WAB points (I have 170 left).

I'd do it, but that's mostly because I want to be as far away from Derrick Henry as possible.

How much WAB/FAAB really depends on the feel of your league.  Given that you already have Clement, I wouldn't shy off spending a decent amount 20-25ish, so that you lock up the Eagles' backfield.  It may take a little bit for a clear front-runner to be realized, but when he is, you'll have him and be able to Flex them with confidence.

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I already own Clement as my #3 or 4 back depending on your thoughts of D. Henry.

Should I put a waiver claim in for Smallwood? If so, how many WAB points (I have 170 left).

I wouldnt simply because of the headaches owning both backs will cause being on your team. I currently own both Alex Collins and Buck Allen and I have no idea what to do with either one since its such a rollercoaster of production every week--so they are both just sitting on my bench. Spare yourself the headache and just keep Clement.

But then again, if you have a roster spot to burn it could be worth it if you have patience to play the waiting game.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't hate it. Sammy will drive you nuts, I'm sure, but I have to believe that you'll get a usable game here or there. I'm not sure you're getting that from Baldwin this season without really digging into your bench due to byes and injuries one week. 

I agree but I could see Sammy Watkins having his best year to date.... Chiefs offense is good for 35 points a game, and Tyreke might make the game easier for Sammy.. I think he is a higher chance of breaking out of that cycle of inconsistent and finally live up to that hype of being selected in the top 5.. think I'm going do it... dump Baldwin for Sammy in a full PPR.... only move I'm nervous about... don't want to let go of a top 10 wr.. but Baldwin seems like damaged goods and won't be healthy at any point and the Chiefs are rocking and rolling . this is a redraft league... can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Trying to get ahead of the TE quagmire.  I have a spot to burn and can hold an extra TE.  Currently rostered Olsen, but I see OJ Howard is still sitting there.  Who is a better stash?

Olsen:   Historically a well established/productive TE. Potentially limited physically due to foot and high re-injury risk.

or

OJ Howard:  Overall bucs team has a higher likelihood of significant pass volume due to anemic ground game and poor D. Previous hx of Winston and Brate chemistry (with possibility of reestablishing this over the next couple of weeks).

For what it's worth, I currently have Ebron to cover for the time being.

So I have the Eagles and Broncos for defense and they both have done next to nothing for me. I’m thinking of dropping them both for Indy and Miami D/ST.  They are both out scoring them by good margins and have the 1st and 5th best RS respectively moving forward.  Should I make this move or stand pat with my current defenses?

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Trying to get ahead of the TE quagmire.  I have a spot to burn and can hold an extra TE.  Currently rostered Olsen, but I see OJ Howard is still sitting there.  Who is a better stash?

Olsen:   Historically a well established/productive TE. Potentially limited physically due to foot and high re-injury risk.

or

OJ Howard:  Overall bucs team has a higher likelihood of significant pass volume due to anemic ground game and poor D. Previous hx of Winston and Brate chemistry (with possibility of reestablishing this over the next couple of weeks).

For what it's worth, I currently have Ebron to cover for the time being.

At this point, I don't think I can trust Olsen at all. I think he's fine to drop in this scenario for the high upside with Howard, particularly with Ebron being such a big part of the Colts offense. I don't think you're losing anything dropping Olsen. 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

At this point, I don't think I can trust Olsen at all. I think he's fine to drop in this scenario for the high upside with Howard, particularly with Ebron being such a big part of the Colts offense. I don't think you're losing anything dropping Olsen. 

I would try to trade Olsen?

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I would try to trade Olsen?

Can definitely try, but maybe I misunderstood the question. I assumed the extra roster spot was still going to result in releasing someone (likely olsen), and if that's the case, it may be a matter of time more so than anything (if he waits for a trade to materialize for Olsen, Howard could be gone). If it's just an extra open spot and he can hold olsen and pick up howard, then yeah, no issues with trying to create a trade in that scenario.

2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

So I have the Eagles and Broncos for defense and they both have done next to nothing for me. I’m thinking of dropping them both for Indy and Miami D/ST.  They are both out scoring them by good margins and have the 1st and 5th best RS respectively moving forward.  Should I make this move or stand pat with my current defenses?

I'm assuming that this league is the one that limits transactions, and in that case, I don't think I would do it. Indy has a really light schedule, but the defense isn't good enough for me to trust overall. From what I have seen, they've still scored less than Philadelphia in ESPN standard scoring. I see Philly as having the superior defensive talent overall. Miami has had a top notch scoring defense so far, but I don't know how sustainable that is. They lead the league in interceptions while at the same time being third worst in sacks. They have scored two defensive touchdowns so far, and given that touchdowns are highly random, it's not something that you can trust moving forward. Plus, that defense is largely unusable at the end the season, with week 14/15 matchups against the Pats and Vikings. Weeks 16 is the Jags, which could be good, but still isn't ideal. Denver, meanwhile, should be your playoff defense out of all 4 of these teams, with weeks 14-16 having matchups that involve the 49ers, Browns and Raiders. It's going to be really hard to beat that. 

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Can definitely try, but maybe I misunderstood the question. I assumed the extra roster spot was still going to result in releasing someone (likely olsen), and if that's the case, it may be a matter of time more so than anything (if he waits for a trade to materialize for Olsen, Howard could be gone). If it's just an extra open spot and he can hold olsen and pick up howard, then yeah, no issues with trying to create a trade in that scenario.

Thanks Forge.  Sounds like you are definitively in the Howard over Oleson camp.  For what it's worth you had it right, I just worded it poorly.  The extra bench spot of for either Howard or Olsen.

Who would you guys rather have rest of season? Will Lutz or Greg Zuerlein?

Thinking about getting ahead of the rest of my league by adding GZ since he’ll be back soon but I still have Lutz who is also a pretty good fantasy kicker.

Edit - I think I put this in the wrong thread. Oh well.

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

Who would you guys rather have rest of season? Will Lutz or Greg Zuerlein?

Thinking about getting ahead of the rest of my league by adding GZ since he’ll be back soon but I still have Lutz who is also a pretty good fantasy kicker.

Not sure if it's the right decision as people have strong opinions on Kickers, but my league gives small bonus points for longer kicks (4-40 and 5-50+). For what it's worth I've been holding him since the injury.  No other K gives as large an advantage as GZ, he scores like a RB2 on a regular basis.  I plan on keeping my current K  (Parkey) starting until 1 week after GZ comes back to see how his groin holds up as I have the space barring unforeseen injury.

If you need the roster spot because of byes, then no he's not worth holding.  If so, then absolutely.  The way I see it, he's worth WAY more to me then having an 5th or 6th RB/WR.

Archived